- The Legend of Zelda Wii U Has Been Pushed Out of 2015
- Disney Sets Battlefront in Official Star Wars Timeline
- Hotfix Coming for Bloodborne Progession Bug
- PSN Discount Code Good All Weekend
- New Screenshots from Grand Theft Auto 5 PC
- Lords of the Fallen Developer Offers Kojima a Job
- Keri & Vader Podcasting With SGR
- REVIEW: Pillars of Eternity
- Mornin '15
- Pillars of Eternity Released
- Sega Steam Sale Weekend
- Liu Kang Confirmed in Latest Mortal Kombat X Trailer
- FEATURE: Why Are Games Good, But Not Great?
- Codemasters Announces F1 2015
- MotoGP 15 Announced
- Free-to-Play Halo PC Game for Russia Only
Nintendo opted to not have a traditional press conference at last year's E3 and decided to stream a Nintendo Direct presentation instead. This somewhat made sense last year, as Nintendo didn't have anything big to announce in comparison to Microsoft and Sony's new console unveilings. However, Nintendo has decided to go that route again at E3 2014.
"Every year, Nintendo looks for the best way to show its games and share its news with fans, media and other key audiences. In 2013, Nintendo decided to forgo a traditional press conference and use a video – in that case a Nintendo Direct – to share its news from E3. The company is building on that approach at E3 2014 with the 'Nintendo Digital Event,' a new kind of video program that will reveal and provide further detail about the gaming experiences on the way for Nintendo platforms in 2014 and beyond," Nintendo said in a press release. At the very least, Nintendo realized they need to set the stream when it's preferable to those attending the show in California. The event will air at 9 a.m. PST on June 10, 2014.
Nintendo will also host a couple of Super Smash Bros. events that week. One will be a Super Smash Bros. tournament hosted at the Nokia Theatre by the E3 arena (that will be streamed for web audiences) and the other is a Super Smash Bros. Fest at participating Best Buy stores. This way, fans not attending the show can play the new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U before the game releases.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP