- Ubisoft Details Far Cry 4 Season Pass
- Research Finds Portal 2 Better for Brain than 'Brain Training'
- REVIEW: Alien: Isolation
- Hatred is About Hating the Hate Caused By Other Haters to Hate the Hate
- Mornin '14
- 343 Explains the 20GB Day-One Download for the Master Chief Collection
- More Star Wars Battlefront 3 Footage Leaks
- Jade Raymond Leaves Ubisoft
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare System Requirements Revealed
- Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror Releases Tomorrow
- In The UK, None Shall Pass... But FIFA
- New Borderlands Game is Top Seller on Steam
- First Expansion for FFXIV Announced - Heavensward
Gearbox announced yesterday that they were the THQ auction winners for the Homeworld IP, and in the evening, Nordic Games announced that they cleaned up the rest of THQ's house. Specifically, Nordic Games, who has published Painkiller HD and Singstar, was the winning bidder for Darksiders, Red Faction, MX vs. ATV, Titan Quest, Supreme Commander, Frontlines, Stuntman, Juiced, Full Spectrum Warrior, and Destroy All Humans. And actually, these are just the big names from the acquisition. The Austrian-based publisher acquired over 150 SKUs from the THQ auction for $4.9 million.
“First and foremost we are very happy about this deal which also turns over a new leaf for the entire Nordic Games Group. In the long term, we either want to cooperate with the original creators or best possible developers in order to work on sequels or additional content for these titles," Lars Wingefors, owner and CEO of Nordic Games Group AB, said in a press release. “A very important point for us is not to dash into several self-financed multi-million dollar projects right away, but rather to continue our in-depth analysis of all titles and carefully selecting different financing models for developing new instalments of acquired IPs."
In other words, no, we don't exactly know what we will do with all of this just yet.
It is expected that the bankruptcy court in THQ's case will hear the motion for this sale on May 13th, and they will finalize the purchases shortly therafter.
I am feeling all hopes for a Darksiders 3 being dashed into the ground, but I suppose I should have never held out hope for that franchise when it didn't sell the first time around.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP