- COMIC: XCOM The Healing Process
- Evenin '13
- SimCity's Amusement Park Pack Leaked, Releases May 28th
- Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Re-Confirmed For PC Release
- Game Gear Games Coming to 3DS eShop
- Nintendo Open E3 Gaming Doors to Public at Best Buy
- The Wonderful 101 Gets a Release Date
- GTA 5 Screens - Cars, Motorbikes and Scuba Diving
- Black Ops 2 Uprising DLC Ships
- Driveclub PS4 Screenshots
- The Elder Scrolls Online Gathering & Exploration Video
- The Elder Scrolls Online
Gathering And Exploration Dev. Diary
- Gran Turismo 6
- Batman: Arkham Origins
Batman: Arkham Origins features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline occurring several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City\'s most dangerous
- Metro: Last Light
- Resident Evil: Revelations
Panic Dev. Diary
- Command & Conquer
Beyond the Battle Dev Diary
In addition, there are currently a lot more mobile and digital gamers, whereas during the previous year, core gamers (those playing on standard console systems) dropped by 2%.
"Given the long life cycles of the current consoles and the increasing installed base of smartphones and tablets, it's not surprising to see a slight decline in the Core Gamer segment," said NPD industry analyst Anita Frazier. "It's the revenue contribution of the Core Gamer segment that continues to outpace all other segments, and remains vital to the future of the industry."
Well, this is no surprise at all. The guilt shift to smartphone manufacturing companies and mobile game companies. It's also the increased presence of tablets and the simple truth that's it's easier to develop and make quick money on the mobile and tablet market, rather than the PC and console market. As for players, well most people nowadays just don't want to bother paying 60 bucks to play Modern Warfare 7 or Battlefield 65. They'd sooner play Angry Birds or Infinity Blade.
Via USA Today.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP