- Witcher 3 Expansion Delayed in North America
- Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch Giveaway
- Minecraft: Story Mode Launch Trailer
- Voting Poll: What's Your Take on the Star Wars Battlefront Beta?
- REVIEW: Transformers Devastation
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Trailer is Sexy and Zombie-Infested
- Mornin '15
- Firewatch Gets Release Date
- Halo 5: Guardians Launch Gameplay Trailer
- ARK: Survival Evolved Top Seller on Steam, Again
- Star Citizen Gets Hollywood Elite, New Gameplay Shown
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended
The Oculus Rift VR techonology originally came about thanks to a very successful Kickstarter campaign. Now that the company has been bought by Facebook, the backers of the campaign are less than pleased. They've flooded the Kickstarter page with a bit of rage.
"You selling out to Facebook is a disgrace. It damages not only your reputation, but the whole of crowdfunding. I cannot put into words how betrayed I feel by this."
"A sell out is a sell out, and it means the end of VR Gaming. Welcome your Social VR overlords."
"I would have NEVER given a single cent of my money to Oculus if I had known you were going to sell out to Facebook. You sold all of us out.
I hope this backfires horribly for Oculus and Facebook. I will personally discourage absolutely anyone I know from buying what was once an indie dream and is now a soulless corporate cash cow.
God, I want a refund so badly."
The point of the campaign was to get the company started, so the backers do not have ownership of the company, but it's easy to see why they're still upset. They believed they were investing in an independent company to remain that way, independent. It may be disappointing, but at least they didn't sell to King.com.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP