- Mornin '16
- FEATURE: Gears of War 4 Multiplayer Hand-on
- RUMOR: The Last Guardian and Gran Turismo Sport Releasing This Year
- Stardew Valley Developer Farms Out Co-Op Feature
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 3 Announcement Tomorow?
- Mighty No. 9 Has Gone Gold
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Officially Announced for November
- Dark Souls 3 Players Getting Banned for Using Hacked Items
- Microsoft Closes Lionhead Studios
- Dark Souls 3 and Rocket League - PC Gamers' Favorites
2K has shipped more than 10 million copies of Borderlands 2, continuing to seal the game's spot as the bestselling game in the publisher's history. What's really staggering about the figure is that 18 million copies of Borderlands games have shipped, and over 10 million of those are just for Borderlands 2.
During Take-Two's financial call, President Karl Slatoff discussed how the popularity of the series will boost Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel when it releases later this year.
"Our view is that if you give consumers what they want, they come out for it," he said. "Our catalog sales have done very well – as we announced in this quarter, it's one of the key reasons we were able to beat in the quarter. We have a lot of faith in the Borderlands franchise. There's still a huge install base of consumers; Borderlands is beloved .... We have very high hopes for The Pre-Sequel for current-gen platforms and PC, indeed. But it will be reliant on quality, and we expect to deliver a really high-quality game."
In other words, we can expect more Borderlands in the future.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP