- REVIEW: Blues and Bullets
- Forza 6 TV Commercial
- Broken Sword 5 Now Available for New Gen Consoles
- Server Issues Fixed on Xbox One MGS5
- Taken King Crucible Free Next Week
- GTA Movie Gets First Trailer
- Need for Speed Gameplay Five Ways To Play Trailer
- Batman: Akrham Knight Interim Patch is Here, For Real This Time
- Mornin '15
- Harmonix Joins Fig Crowdfunding
- Borderlands Added to Xbox One Backwards Compatibility
- Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut PS4 Code Giveaway
- REVIEW: Madden NFL 16 Review
- Batman Arkham Knight PC Patch Released, Then Pulled
- Witcher Universe on Sale at GOG.com
- New Mortal Kombat X DLC for 2016
2K has shipped more than 10 million copies of Borderlands 2, continuing to seal the game's spot as the bestselling game in the publisher's history. What's really staggering about the figure is that 18 million copies of Borderlands games have shipped, and over 10 million of those are just for Borderlands 2.
During Take-Two's financial call, President Karl Slatoff discussed how the popularity of the series will boost Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel when it releases later this year.
"Our view is that if you give consumers what they want, they come out for it," he said. "Our catalog sales have done very well – as we announced in this quarter, it's one of the key reasons we were able to beat in the quarter. We have a lot of faith in the Borderlands franchise. There's still a huge install base of consumers; Borderlands is beloved .... We have very high hopes for The Pre-Sequel for current-gen platforms and PC, indeed. But it will be reliant on quality, and we expect to deliver a really high-quality game."
In other words, we can expect more Borderlands in the future.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP