- REVIEW: The Walking Dead: Michonne
- Battleborn Launches
- Dishonored 2 Will Sneak Onto Shelves This November
- It's Raining Corpses in the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 3 Trailer
- Watch Dogs 2 Protagonist Possibly Leaked
- Chaos Warriors DLC Now Free Week One for Total War After Backlash
- REVIEW: Party Hard
- Call of Duty: Infinite War Screens Show More New Stuff
- Mornin '16
- FEATURE: Gears of War 4 Multiplayer Hand-on
- RUMOR: The Last Guardian and Gran Turismo Sport Releasing This Year
- Stardew Valley Developer Farms Out Co-Op Feature
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 3 Announcement Tomorow?
- Mighty No. 9 Has Gone Gold
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Officially Announced for November
- Dark Souls 3 Players Getting Banned for Using Hacked Items
- Microsoft Closes Lionhead Studios
- Dark Souls 3 and Rocket League - PC Gamers' Favorites
The rumors have been floating around that the Penny Arcade boys were interested in setting up a PAX South in Texas, but I always believed it would have been in Austin. Not the case, as they announced today at PAX East that PAX South will be in San Antonio, Texas starting January 23-25, 2015.
"Since its launch in 2004, PAX events have doubled in size almost every year, and our Seattle and Boston events represent the two largest gaming festivals in North America," Penny Arcade President Robert Khoo said in a statement. "We've been hearing for years that those in the south had a tough time making it to the northern corners of the country; PAX South has always been a matter of 'when' rather than 'if.'"
While the time of the year chosen for this event kind of sucks for San Antonio (the Riverwalk makes it colder than you would think in the winter), they really couldn't have picked a better city in Texas for this event.
I suppose as a Texan myself, I should probably make it a point to travel across the state for this iteration of PAX. Question is, do I make it a road trip or do I fly? At least I have half a year to iron out that detail.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP