- Former BioWare Writer Joins Beamdog
- Ubisoft Confirms Open Beta for Tom Clancy's The Division
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia
- Overwatch Beta Resumes Today
- Far Cry Primal 101 Trailer
- Mornin '16
- Action Trippin' Ballscast #18 - Does Box Art Really Matter?
- XCOM 2 Bugs Need Fixing
- New Street Fighter V Trailer Highlights All 16 Characters
- Ubisoft Denies Consoles Held Back The Division on PC
- Hitman Beta Launches This Week
- Black Ops 3 Best-Seller in UK, XCOM 2 Way Behind
- Dark Souls 3 Opening Cinematic
- Titanfall 2 Will Include a Single-Player Campaign
- REVIEW: Unravel
- Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One: Now You Get it, Now You Don't
- XCOM 2 is All Over the Place
The rumors have been floating around that the Penny Arcade boys were interested in setting up a PAX South in Texas, but I always believed it would have been in Austin. Not the case, as they announced today at PAX East that PAX South will be in San Antonio, Texas starting January 23-25, 2015.
"Since its launch in 2004, PAX events have doubled in size almost every year, and our Seattle and Boston events represent the two largest gaming festivals in North America," Penny Arcade President Robert Khoo said in a statement. "We've been hearing for years that those in the south had a tough time making it to the northern corners of the country; PAX South has always been a matter of 'when' rather than 'if.'"
While the time of the year chosen for this event kind of sucks for San Antonio (the Riverwalk makes it colder than you would think in the winter), they really couldn't have picked a better city in Texas for this event.
I suppose as a Texan myself, I should probably make it a point to travel across the state for this iteration of PAX. Question is, do I make it a road trip or do I fly? At least I have half a year to iron out that detail.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP