- Assassin's Creed Rogue PC Spotted
- F.E.A.R. Online Coming to Steam Next Month
- Former Vigil Employees Form Indie Studio Airship Syndicate
- Alien Isolation Trailer Delivers Creepiness
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
- New The Evil Within Gameplay Trailer
- Life is Feudal: Your Own Conquers Steam
- Assassin's Creed Unity Customization And Co-op Trailer
- REVIEW: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- FIFA 15 Reigns in UK
- Creative Director Promises Battlefield: Hardline Will Work at Launch
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: Indie Game Stereotypes
The rumors have been floating around that the Penny Arcade boys were interested in setting up a PAX South in Texas, but I always believed it would have been in Austin. Not the case, as they announced today at PAX East that PAX South will be in San Antonio, Texas starting January 23-25, 2015.
"Since its launch in 2004, PAX events have doubled in size almost every year, and our Seattle and Boston events represent the two largest gaming festivals in North America," Penny Arcade President Robert Khoo said in a statement. "We've been hearing for years that those in the south had a tough time making it to the northern corners of the country; PAX South has always been a matter of 'when' rather than 'if.'"
While the time of the year chosen for this event kind of sucks for San Antonio (the Riverwalk makes it colder than you would think in the winter), they really couldn't have picked a better city in Texas for this event.
I suppose as a Texan myself, I should probably make it a point to travel across the state for this iteration of PAX. Question is, do I make it a road trip or do I fly? At least I have half a year to iron out that detail.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP