- Titanfall Outsells inFAMOUS Second Son in March
- RUMOR: 2D Prince of Persia is in the Works
- New Bound by Flame Hero Screenshots
- Microsoft Sells 5 Million Xbox One Units to Retailers
- Risen 3 Cinematic Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Ubisoft Announces eBook for Watch_Dogs
- PlayStation Gets Physical Copies of Minecraft
- Sony Wanted to Bring Titanfall to Vita
- PS4 Sells 7 Million Worldwide
- FEATURE: Infamous: Second Son OST Review
According to NPD, PS4 has outsold the Xbox One console in the US. The Xbox One and the Xbox 360 have killed during the traditionally hectic Black Friday sales last month. The Xbox One console has been doing pretty well overall.
Today, NPD has provided the sales data for Microsoft's new console and for Sony's PS4. The Xbox One has sold 909,132 systems in total in the United States during November. While the figures for the PlayStation 4 haven't been revealed by NPD, Sony claims that they've sold approximately 1 million consoles on launch day. Worldwide sales statistics have shown that Sony's consoles shifted over 2 million units. All of this, of course, bearing in mind that the PS4 had a one-week head start.
"Xbox One was the second highest selling platform for the month, which marked the largest launch for a Microsoft console," comments NPD's Liam Callaghan.
"PlayStation 4 sales in North America and worldwide have been incredibly strong since launch, culminating in PS4 being recognized as the largest console launch in history," says SCEA president and CEO Jack Tretton. "In North America alone, more than one million PS4 units were sold in only 24 hours and we're pleased NPD has reported that PS4 was the top selling next-gen platform for both hardware and software in November," added Tretton. "We are humbled by the passion and excitement demonstrated by gamers for PS4. Demand continues to overwhelm supply, but we're working hard to get PS4 units into the hands of customers throughout the holiday season."
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP