- Pillars of Eternity Released
- Sega Steam Sale Weekend
- Liu Kang Confirmed in Latest Mortal Kombat X Trailer
- FEATURE: Why Are Games Good, But Not Great?
- Codemasters Announces F1 2015
- MotoGP 15 Announced
- Free-to-Play Halo PC Game for Russia Only
- Mornin '15
- Game of Thrones Episode 3 Launch Trailer
- Star Citizen Collects over $76 in Crowdfunding
- Broken Age Going to PS4 and Vita in April
- BioWare 'Cannot' Say When Dragon Age DLC Will Go to Other Platforms
- PlayStation 4 2.50 Firmware Update Rolls Out March 26th
"I think it's unlikely [that PS4 will be announced in 2012]. Wii U isn't going to pressure anyone, it's Nintendo's catch up to this cycle, and the other guys are going to see if the tablet integration is worth copying first. That means nobody is going to finalize specs till they see if Wii U succeeds. I am sticking to 2014, so an 'unveil' in 2013," commented Wedbush Securitites analyst Michael Pachter.
Still, I'm not entirely sure if new consoles are necessary at this point. Why launch them? I'll tell you why. Because Sony and MS are probably concerned that Nindendo would dominate the gaming scene and take over sales completely. Not that they need to, mind you. The Wii was one of the best-selling consoles in history and has always been on top of hardware sales charts.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP