- COMIC: The Winning Team
- Mornin '16
- Ready at Dawn Will Reportedly Announce New Game Next Week
- FEATURE: Filling the Void: Video Game-based Board Game Trend
- Total War: Warhammer Breaks Series Sales Records
- Dragon Quest Builders Crossing the Pacific This October
- REVIEW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
- Elite: Dangerous Horizons Engineers Expansion is Out Today
- The Last Guardian Releases in 2016
"I think it's unlikely [that PS4 will be announced in 2012]. Wii U isn't going to pressure anyone, it's Nintendo's catch up to this cycle, and the other guys are going to see if the tablet integration is worth copying first. That means nobody is going to finalize specs till they see if Wii U succeeds. I am sticking to 2014, so an 'unveil' in 2013," commented Wedbush Securitites analyst Michael Pachter.
Still, I'm not entirely sure if new consoles are necessary at this point. Why launch them? I'll tell you why. Because Sony and MS are probably concerned that Nindendo would dominate the gaming scene and take over sales completely. Not that they need to, mind you. The Wii was one of the best-selling consoles in history and has always been on top of hardware sales charts.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP