- Rock Band 4 Officially to PS4 and Xbox One
- Magicka 2 in May
- Mornin '15
- PS4 Getting Wasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition
- EA Closes Down Maxis
- Elite Dangerous Heading to Xbox One
- Nvidia Announces New Gaming Console at GDC
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
- Unity 5 GDC Trailer Shows Potential
- The Witcher 3 GDC Gameplay Footage
- Over 20 Million PlayStation 4 Consoles Sold Worldwide
- Valve Announces Source 2 And More
Known for frequently bashing video games in the past, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez goes after Sony claiming that the PlayStatinon console is "poison." Chavez commented during his weekly radio-TV show "Alo Presidente," appealing to Venezuelan manufacturers to make "educational" toys and dolls with indigenous peoples' features to replace capitalistic counterparts like the Barbie doll that "have nothing to do with our culture" (okay, I agree with Chavez on the Barbie comment)
The Venezuelan leader already criticized Nintendo for promoting "selfishness, individualism and violence." Commenting on Sony's PlayStation, Chavez explains how "those games they call 'PlayStation' are poison. Some games teach you to kill. They once put my face on a game, 'you've got to find Chavez to kill him.'"
Hm, well, you can understand why the man is pissed, can't you?
They "promote the need for cigarettes, drugs and alcohol so they can sell them. That's capitalism, the road to hell," he added.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP