- Assassin's Creed Syndicate London Horizon Trailer
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Servers Currently Down
- Star Wars Battlefront Beta in October
- Voting Poll: Let's Talk Handheld Platforms
- Anita Sarkeesian Attacks Games That Have Women as Rewards
- Halo 5: Guardians Awesome Opening Cinematic Released
- Mornin '15
- King's Quest Episode 2 Releases This Fall
- Destiny The Taken King Gameplay Launch Trailer
- FEATURE: Christofer Emgard Introduces Mirror's Edge Exordium
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Conquers Steam Sales Already
- Uncharted 4 Will Release in March 2016
- Final Fantasy XV Will Release in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Releases in February
- Dragon Age Inquisition: Trespasser Trailer
Just a few weeks after PopCap released Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, the studio has laid off an undisclosed number of employees.
EA has not said how many, but they sent Kotaku the following statement:
The changes we made today at PopCap were painful and we're sorry to lose some of our friends and colleagues. But it was also necessary in order to stay on course with our future plans for mobile games, live services, and new IP. PopCap is a studio that made its name building great games that the world can fall in love with, and that's what we'll continue to do.
Layoffs post-game release are becoming all too common over the last few years. We wish everyone affected at PopCap the best of luck.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP