- COMIC: Ice Bucket Challenge of Draenor
- Mornin '14
- PlayStation Flash Sale Includes God of War and BioShock Infinite
- Legend of Grimrock 2 Now in Beta, Coming to iOS
- Assassin's Creed Unity Return to Form Trailer
- Disney Invites Wii Owners to Upgrade to Wii U Disney Infinity for Free
- First Light DLC Install Size
- Two Free Multiplayer Maps for The Last of Us
- Ancient Space RTS Revealed
- The Crew On the Road Trailer
Just a few weeks after PopCap released Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, the studio has laid off an undisclosed number of employees.
EA has not said how many, but they sent Kotaku the following statement:
The changes we made today at PopCap were painful and we're sorry to lose some of our friends and colleagues. But it was also necessary in order to stay on course with our future plans for mobile games, live services, and new IP. PopCap is a studio that made its name building great games that the world can fall in love with, and that's what we'll continue to do.
Layoffs post-game release are becoming all too common over the last few years. We wish everyone affected at PopCap the best of luck.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP