- Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Pushed Back (Updated)
- PlayStation Plus Games for December Revealed
- PC Games on Sale Folks, Steam-side
- Mornin '15
- Codemasters Devoted to Racing Games Again
- Star Wars: Battlefront Free DLC, And Sequel Plans
- PS4 Sells Over 30 Million
- Captain America: Civil War Trailer Shows Promise
Just a few weeks after PopCap released Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, the studio has laid off an undisclosed number of employees.
EA has not said how many, but they sent Kotaku the following statement:
The changes we made today at PopCap were painful and we're sorry to lose some of our friends and colleagues. But it was also necessary in order to stay on course with our future plans for mobile games, live services, and new IP. PopCap is a studio that made its name building great games that the world can fall in love with, and that's what we'll continue to do.
Layoffs post-game release are becoming all too common over the last few years. We wish everyone affected at PopCap the best of luck.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP