- Star Trek Online Adds Leonard Nimoy Memorials
- FEATURE: Most Disappointing Final Bosses in Recent History
- Blizzard Offers Free College Tuition to Winner of Collegiate Heroes of the Storm Tournament
- Roller Coaster Tycoon World Gameplay Trailer
- New King's Quest Will Use Choice to Tell Story
- Valve on Source 2 Games and Steam
- Elite: Dangerous Should be Great on Xbox One
- Valve Lists Steam Machine Rigs and Pricing
- Mornin '15
- Rock Band 4 Officially to PS4 and Xbox One
- Magicka 2 in May
Jordan Mechner's official blog has a rather interesting story up. It appears that the creator of one of the most acknowledged video games of all time, has managed to dig up the source code for the original Prince of Persia game (thanks, BluesNews.com).
Here's the word from the man himself:
The carton arrived yesterday. My jaw dropped when I saw what was inside.
No, I don't mean the stacks of Spanish Drosoft versions of POP and Karateka (though those are cool too, especially if you have an Amstrad computer with a cassette player). I mean those three little plastic 3.5? disk boxes nestled among themů which appear to contain the ORIGINAL APPLE II SOURCE CODE OF PRINCE OF PERSIA that I've been searching for, off and on, for the past ten years, pestering everyone from Doug Carlston to Danny Gorlin and everyone who ever worked at Broderbund, and finally gave up hope of ever finding.
Oh man, if how many times have I played through the original Prince of Persia game? I think I've lost count. And you know what, that one is just timeless.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP