- Rock Band 4 Officially to PS4 and Xbox One
- Magicka 2 in May
- Mornin '15
- PS4 Getting Wasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition
- EA Closes Down Maxis
- Elite Dangerous Heading to Xbox One
- Nvidia Announces New Gaming Console at GDC
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
- Unity 5 GDC Trailer Shows Potential
- The Witcher 3 GDC Gameplay Footage
- Over 20 Million PlayStation 4 Consoles Sold Worldwide
- Valve Announces Source 2 And More
Publisher Ubisoft announced the development of a brand new Prince of Persia game and to answer the question that's most certainly on your mind, no it's not a sequel to last year's PoP game. The new game is called Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and it represents a continuation of the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time series.
Ubisoft points out that the game is going to feature "many of the fan-favorite elements" and "new gameplay innovations that gamers have come to expect from the Prince of Persia brand."
The project was described as being the sort of game that appeals to both hardcore and casual gamers. "The goal is to reach both audiences, the core and casual gamers. It will be a game that will have lots of combat, with the possibility for gamers that are not as good - a level for beginners. In that sense we are trying to cover both groups," said Ubi's CEO Yves Guillemot recently.
Evidently the game's storyline is intended to coincide with the release of Disney's feature film Prince of Persia.
The premiere trailer for this game is expected to appear on Spike TV's Video Game Awards on Saturday, December 12, 2009 at 8 p.m. EST (oh great, that really makes me a happy man indeed). Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is scheduled for release on consoles and handhelds in May 2010.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP