- COMIC: Balloons: Snake's Answer to Everything
- Mornin '14
- 18 Minutes of Battleborn Gameplay
- Assassin's Creed Movie Delayed
- New Content Available for Christopher Brookmyre's Bedlam Early Access
- Free Game Friday: Wasteland 2
- The Order: 1886 Trailer Shows Weapons & Combat
- Square Enix Announces Shinra Technologies, their Cloud-Based Service
- Wasteland 2 Out Now
Staring on February 28, 2013, both the Wi-Fi and 3G models of Sony's PS Vita handheld will carry the retail price of 19,980 yen ($215). The price has been lowered from 24,980 yen ($269), according to a press release sent over by Sony today.
"Now one thing clear for us that in terms of profitability, we have to do a better job in promoting the PlayStation Vita mobile product," Sony EVP and CFO Masaru Kato said. "How do we do that? Well, gaming business software is the name of the game. So as a fundamental measure, we are putting all - a lot of resources, not just first party, but also asking third parties to put out more attractive software."
Kato added: "The other thing, well, marketing, pricing of the product, et cetera, I cannot talk about pricing of this platform, but those are the things that we are looking into to improve our profitability in the mobile handheld gaming business."
That's very nice, Sony. Very nice, indeed. Now then, how about you spill the beans on the PS4 (btw, they're holding a press conference in NYC next week, so hopefully more will be revealed about the new PS console after that).
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP