- Just Cause Dev Has Something New Up Its Sleeve
- Star Citizen Raises Over $51 Million
- Layoffs at Sucker Punch
- LEGO Batman 3 Brainiac Trailer
- Ubisoft Explains the Lack of Competitive Multiplayer in AC Unity
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Spotted
- Gamescom 2014 Had 335,000 Attendees
- Atari Brings Back Alone in the Dark
- Bungie Returning Shares to O'Donnell
- Mornin '14
- Bloodborne Lengthy Gameplay Trailer Released
- Watch 35 Minutes of Witcher 3 Gameplay
- Yoshida Says He Also Hopes Rise of the Tomb Raider will go to PS4
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Multiplayer Footage Later this Week
- Activision Blizzard May Open Own Entertainment Studio
- It Will Take Players Billions of Years to See Everything in No Man's Sky
- Flappy Bird Dev Announces Swing Copters
- REVIEW: Sacred 3
Staring on February 28, 2013, both the Wi-Fi and 3G models of Sony's PS Vita handheld will carry the retail price of 19,980 yen ($215). The price has been lowered from 24,980 yen ($269), according to a press release sent over by Sony today.
"Now one thing clear for us that in terms of profitability, we have to do a better job in promoting the PlayStation Vita mobile product," Sony EVP and CFO Masaru Kato said. "How do we do that? Well, gaming business software is the name of the game. So as a fundamental measure, we are putting all - a lot of resources, not just first party, but also asking third parties to put out more attractive software."
Kato added: "The other thing, well, marketing, pricing of the product, et cetera, I cannot talk about pricing of this platform, but those are the things that we are looking into to improve our profitability in the mobile handheld gaming business."
That's very nice, Sony. Very nice, indeed. Now then, how about you spill the beans on the PS4 (btw, they're holding a press conference in NYC next week, so hopefully more will be revealed about the new PS console after that).
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP