- FTC Smacks Down on Machinima for Failure to Disclose Endorsements
- Half of the Million Sellers on Steam are in Early Access
- MS Announces New Xbox One Elite Bundle with Lunar Controller
- REVIEW: Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution May Get Backwards Compatibility Treatment for Xbox One
- Hideo Kojima Waves Goodbye to Metal Gear Solid
- Jimmy Kimmel vs. Enraged Gamers
- Mornin '15
- Valve Selling All Four Mad Max Movies
- REVIEW: Kyn
- Capcom Introduces Wesker Mode for Resident Evil 0
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate London Horizon Trailer
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Servers Currently Down
- Star Wars Battlefront Beta in October
- Voting Poll: Let's Talk Handheld Platforms
- Anita Sarkeesian Attacks Games That Have Women as Rewards
- Halo 5: Guardians Awesome Opening Cinematic Released
This just in, straight from the British Islands. Sony has confirmed that their PlayStation branch is celebrating the fact that over five million PS3 were sold in the United Kingdom. Sales of the latest model of the PS3 console increased for 138% September, after the launch of the new PS3 Super Slim.
"It is fantastic that we passed the 5m mark," PlayStation UK boss Fergal Gara told MCV. "But most importantly to me is not the milestone itself, but the fact that there is momentum behind it. And with the new chassis, and the way the market is panning out this year, PlayStation definitely has the momentum."
According to a report from MCV, SCE UK underwent restructure throughout the past 12 months, since the PS UK boss arrived.
These are pretty solid figures. And, as the console war rages ever on, I cannot help but think if Nintendo, a company that dominated console hardware sales, will make an impact on the market with its upcoming Wii U console (which, by the way, becomes available on November 18, 2012 in the US, November 30, 2012 in Europe and Australia).
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP