- Disney Sets Battlefront in Official Star Wars Timeline
- Hotfix Coming for Bloodborne Progession Bug
- PSN Discount Code Good All Weekend
- New Screenshots from Grand Theft Auto 5 PC
- Lords of the Fallen Developer Offers Kojima a Job
- Keri & Vader Podcasting With SGR
- REVIEW: Pillars of Eternity
- Mornin '15
- Pillars of Eternity Released
- Sega Steam Sale Weekend
- Liu Kang Confirmed in Latest Mortal Kombat X Trailer
- FEATURE: Why Are Games Good, But Not Great?
- Codemasters Announces F1 2015
- MotoGP 15 Announced
- Free-to-Play Halo PC Game for Russia Only
This just in, straight from the British Islands. Sony has confirmed that their PlayStation branch is celebrating the fact that over five million PS3 were sold in the United Kingdom. Sales of the latest model of the PS3 console increased for 138% September, after the launch of the new PS3 Super Slim.
"It is fantastic that we passed the 5m mark," PlayStation UK boss Fergal Gara told MCV. "But most importantly to me is not the milestone itself, but the fact that there is momentum behind it. And with the new chassis, and the way the market is panning out this year, PlayStation definitely has the momentum."
According to a report from MCV, SCE UK underwent restructure throughout the past 12 months, since the PS UK boss arrived.
These are pretty solid figures. And, as the console war rages ever on, I cannot help but think if Nintendo, a company that dominated console hardware sales, will make an impact on the market with its upcoming Wii U console (which, by the way, becomes available on November 18, 2012 in the US, November 30, 2012 in Europe and Australia).
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP