- No More Battlefield 4 Expansions Until the Game is Fixed
- First Batch of Devs for ID@Xbox Announced
- What FFVI Will Look Like on Mobile
- flOw Now Available for PlayStation 4 and Vita in Europe
- New Pokemon X & Y 2DS Bundles for Holiday Season
- Assassin's Creed 4: Freedom Cry Trailer
- Gran Turismo 6 Screens - Abarth, Alfa, BMW & More
- Mornin '13
- Microsoft Promises to Improve Xbox One Party System
- Final Fantasy XIV Set for PS4 in April 2014
- Warning: Enabling Developer Settings can Brick Your Xbox One
- McDonald's Will be Giving Away Xbox One Consoles with Forza 5
- Ground Zeroes Soon, Phantom Pain Much, Much Later
- Battlefield 4 PC Update Released, PS4 Patch Pushed
- Over 2 Million PS4s Sold Worldwide
The Xbox One won't have the Real Name ID feature ready at launch, but the PlayStation 4 will. However, if you don't want to use your real name as your ID, you don't have to. It's completely up to you.
Why even bother with a real name ID? Since social media such as Facebook uses real names, Sony and Microsoft want to implement an ID service that may be more inviting to more people. Some may be more comfortable with using their real names and only interacting with those who use real names. There is something about real names that cuts down on harassment since it removes the veil of anonymity. On ther other hand, it could open up more harassment since users will know exactly who they are playing and chatting with.
Are you going to use your real name with either system?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP