- Hideo Kojima Waves Goodbye to Metal Gear Solid
- Jimmy Kemmel vs. Enraged Gamers
- Mornin '15
- Valve Selling All Four Mad Max Movies
- REVIEW: Kyn
- Capcom Introduces Wesker Mode for Resident Evil 0
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate London Horizon Trailer
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Servers Currently Down
- Star Wars Battlefront Beta in October
- Voting Poll: Let's Talk Handheld Platforms
- Anita Sarkeesian Attacks Games That Have Women as Rewards
- Halo 5: Guardians Awesome Opening Cinematic Released
Right. Next generation consoles, like the next PlayStation and the next Xbox, have been described as "spectacular" by none other than EA Labels president Frank Gibeau (that's the guy who gets brilliant ideas like: "Oh, we're re-making Need for Speed: Most Wanted? Cool, let's call it Need for Speed: Most Wanted.").
"When you launch a new IP it needs to do something really, really remarkable, and that's easier to do when you have a new set of technology that gives you novel capabilities. This is the longest cycle that any of us have ever seen, and we're at the point where a little bit of fatigue has set in, and people are wondering what they can possibly do next," said Gibeau.
He added: "I've seen the machines that we're building games for, and they're spectacular. Gen 4 hardware is a huge opportunity, and it's going to lead to a huge growth spurt for the industry.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP