- COMIC: Bizarre Creed
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Unity
- Mornin '14
- And The Game Awards Nominees Are...
- And the Winner of Far Cry Friday is...
- Valve Cracking Down on Requirements for Steam Early Access
- Free Sunset Overdrive Trial on Saturday Only
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Conflicks: Revolutionary Space Battles Looks Insane, In a Good Way
Right. Next generation consoles, like the next PlayStation and the next Xbox, have been described as "spectacular" by none other than EA Labels president Frank Gibeau (that's the guy who gets brilliant ideas like: "Oh, we're re-making Need for Speed: Most Wanted? Cool, let's call it Need for Speed: Most Wanted.").
"When you launch a new IP it needs to do something really, really remarkable, and that's easier to do when you have a new set of technology that gives you novel capabilities. This is the longest cycle that any of us have ever seen, and we're at the point where a little bit of fatigue has set in, and people are wondering what they can possibly do next," said Gibeau.
He added: "I've seen the machines that we're building games for, and they're spectacular. Gen 4 hardware is a huge opportunity, and it's going to lead to a huge growth spurt for the industry.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP