- COMIC: Gaming Overdose
- Mornin '15
- FEATURE: AT's Top 5 Silliest Moments in Metal Gear Solid 5
- New Expansions for EverQuest and EverQuest II
- Microsoft Buys Havok from Intel
- Tomb Raider Titles 80% on Steam
- Famitsu Leaks Laura Joining Street Fighter V
- NBA 2K16 Sells 4 Million Copies Worldwide
- Star Citizen Financial Woes And Insider Criticism
Riot Games is throwing down the banhammer on toxic League of Legends players, such as those who consistently use slurs (racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.) and those who exhibit "unsportsmanlike behavior." Some players receive 14-day bans, and others have been smacked with perma-bans.
Jeffrey Lin of Riot Games explained how the bans are going into effect on Reddit, saying that every player banned undergoes a manual review of complaints in order to avoid unfairly banning people.
"In the past, we've avoided publicly naming and shaming players," Lin said. "However, we've learned in recent months that being transparent is extremely critical to the playerbase's trust in our systems, so we've decided to do a compromise. If players complain about unfair bans for this particular system (so, have a ban year code of 2500), we're going to be fully transparent and posting the chat logs that resulted in the ban."
All Riot Games is asking is for players to just not be dicks to one another. If that's too hard, you have to go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP