- FEATURE: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel OST Review
- Halo: Nightfall Trailer
- RUMOR: GTA San Andreas Going to Xbox 360
- Gamelock Introduces Guaranteed Resell Prices for Games
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare A New Era of MP Trailer
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Arrives Next Week
- Judge Rules That EA's Confidence in BF4 Launch is Not Securities Fraud
- Mornin '14
- Developer Who Threatened Gabe Newell Resigns
- Sunset Overdrive Awesomepocalypse Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Followers Trailer
- Shadow of Mordor Free DLC Lets You Play as the Enemy
- Ubisoft Details Far Cry 4 Season Pass
- Research Finds Portal 2 Better for Brain than 'Brain Training'
- REVIEW: Alien: Isolation
- Hatred is About Hating the Hate Caused By Other Haters to Hate the Hate
Relax. It's just for voice work. In their long-awaited action adventure Grand Theft Auto 5, Rockstar Games has hired people from real world gangs to voice some of the characters within the game. This was confirmed by one of the writers who's involved with the game. Reportedly, authenticity is Rockstar's goal, writer, producer and former radio host Lazlow Jones said as much.
"When we record all these ambient characters we go towards authenticity," Lazlow explained. "In the game there's these rival gangs. There's Black gangs, Latino gangs... we recruited a guy who gets gang members, actual real gang members, like El Salvadoran gang dudes with amazing tattoos, one of which had literally gotten out of prison the day before."
Hm, that's taking video game development a few major steps forward (or back, well, let's be optimistic and say 'forward').
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP