- Broforce Leaving Early Access for a Real Release
- Game of Thrones Composer is Rise of the Tomb Raider Maestro
- Capcom Confirms Laura Matsuda in SFV at Brazil Game Show
- FIFA 16 Still Tops Nordic Games Chart
- Fallout 4 PC Specs and Console Requirements
- Destiny Update - Shotguns Nerfed, Xur's New Offerings
- Mornin '15
- FEATURE: Austin Wintory Interview
- FEATURE: Star Wars Battlefront Hands-on
- Just Cause 3 On a Mission Trailer
- Cyberpunk 2077 Will be Bigger Than the Witcher 3
- PlayStation 4 US Price Drops
- Rise of the Tomb Raider Season Pass Detailed
- Voice Actors Are Authorized to Go On Strike
With so much talk of studios closing left and right, it's fantastic to hear of one doing so well, they're expanding. Volition, the developer behind the insane Saints Row seires, plans to expand by 100 new employees.
Volition has even persuaded the city of Champaign, Illinois to provide monetary incentives to allow the studio to double its office space and hire the new batch of employees. The city will pay around $150,000 for property purchase and renovation, $1k per new employee, and offer a 10% discount on all parking spots leased from the city. Without this financial help, Volition would have had to relocate. At least they didn't ask for $75 million.
What is Volition planning? More Saints Row? A new franchise all-together? Maybe they'll be able to work on two games at once like other larger studios? I hope that they don't expand just to collapse a year later.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP