- The Terminator is a Playable Character in WWE 2K16
- Fight, Stealth, or Talk Your Way Out of Boss Fights in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- China Completely Lifts Ban on Consoles
- Numerous Steam Accounts Hijacked Last Week
- Voting Poll: How Do You Procure Your Games
- Razer Buys Ouya, Co-founder and CEO Resigns
- UK Sales Charts Welcomes Rory
- Playing PS4 Games, PC-Style
- Rocket League Captures the Hearts of PC Gamers
- Mornin '15
- COMIC: Challenges of A Paragon
With so much talk of studios closing left and right, it's fantastic to hear of one doing so well, they're expanding. Volition, the developer behind the insane Saints Row seires, plans to expand by 100 new employees.
Volition has even persuaded the city of Champaign, Illinois to provide monetary incentives to allow the studio to double its office space and hire the new batch of employees. The city will pay around $150,000 for property purchase and renovation, $1k per new employee, and offer a 10% discount on all parking spots leased from the city. Without this financial help, Volition would have had to relocate. At least they didn't ask for $75 million.
What is Volition planning? More Saints Row? A new franchise all-together? Maybe they'll be able to work on two games at once like other larger studios? I hope that they don't expand just to collapse a year later.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP