- Evolve Big Alpha On PS4 and PC Today
- Nordic Games Acquires de Blob IP from THQ
- FEATURE: Fantasia: Music Evolved OST Review
- Playable The Evil Within PC Demo
- Denis Dyack Creates Third Studio for Shadow of the Eternals
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Ships
- P.T. Free on PlayStation Store
- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
With so much talk of studios closing left and right, it's fantastic to hear of one doing so well, they're expanding. Volition, the developer behind the insane Saints Row seires, plans to expand by 100 new employees.
Volition has even persuaded the city of Champaign, Illinois to provide monetary incentives to allow the studio to double its office space and hire the new batch of employees. The city will pay around $150,000 for property purchase and renovation, $1k per new employee, and offer a 10% discount on all parking spots leased from the city. Without this financial help, Volition would have had to relocate. At least they didn't ask for $75 million.
What is Volition planning? More Saints Row? A new franchise all-together? Maybe they'll be able to work on two games at once like other larger studios? I hope that they don't expand just to collapse a year later.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP