- 343 Explains the 20GB Day-One Download for the Master Chief Collection
- More Star Wars Battlefront 3 Footage Leaks
- Jade Raymond Leaves Ubisoft
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare System Requirements Revealed
- Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror Releases Tomorrow
- In The UK, None Shall Pass... But FIFA
- New Borderlands Game is Top Seller on Steam
- First Expansion for FFXIV Announced - Heavensward
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: Inquisitive Xenomorph
With so much talk of studios closing left and right, it's fantastic to hear of one doing so well, they're expanding. Volition, the developer behind the insane Saints Row seires, plans to expand by 100 new employees.
Volition has even persuaded the city of Champaign, Illinois to provide monetary incentives to allow the studio to double its office space and hire the new batch of employees. The city will pay around $150,000 for property purchase and renovation, $1k per new employee, and offer a 10% discount on all parking spots leased from the city. Without this financial help, Volition would have had to relocate. At least they didn't ask for $75 million.
What is Volition planning? More Saints Row? A new franchise all-together? Maybe they'll be able to work on two games at once like other larger studios? I hope that they don't expand just to collapse a year later.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP