- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Heading to PC
- Indie Devs Lose Most in Ouya Buyout
- Square Enix Says Rise of the Tomb Raider Exclusivity Wasn't Easy
- Bethesda Literally Cannot Make More Pip Boy CEs
- Street Fighter V Beta Still Doesn't Work
- FEATURE: Transformers Devastation
- Mafia 3 Officially Confirmed
- Mornin '15
- The Terminator is a Playable Character in WWE 2K16
- Fight, Stealth, or Talk Your Way Out of Boss Fights in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- China Completely Lifts Ban on Consoles
- Numerous Steam Accounts Hijacked Last Week
- Voting Poll: How Do You Procure Your Games
- Razer Buys Ouya, Co-founder and CEO Resigns
- UK Sales Charts Welcomes Rory
- Playing PS4 Games, PC-Style
- Rocket League Captures the Hearts of PC Gamers
The disappointing last iteration in EA's shooter series, Medal of Honor, has caused the publisher to rethink its strategy. EA COO Peter Moore confirms that due to the lousy performance of the franchise with Medal of Honor: Warfighter, they won't continue the series. They're taking it "out of rotation," according to EA.
"The game was solid, but the focus on combat authenticity did not resonate with consumers," commented Moore. "Critics were polarised and gave the game scores which were frankly lower than deserved. This one is behind us now. We are taking Medal of Honor out of rotation and have to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings."
Also, EA labels president Frank Gibeau said: "We're in a hit-driven business where it's about what you can build in a certain period of time and really deliver for the marketplace, and frankly we missed on Medal of Honor. And we take responsibility for that."
No wonder Medal of Honor has done poorly. Everyone's playing Black Ops.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Before playing a game do you:
|Wait for reviews, then buy. ||25.53%|
|All of the above. ||22.11%|
|None of the above. ||21.84%|
|Watch footage on YouTube, then buy. ||20.00%|
|Pirate the game first, then buy it if it's good. ||4.74%|
|Just play the pirated version. ||3.68%|
|Wait for your friends to play it, then buy. ||2.11%|