- Need for Speed Gameplay Five Ways To Play Trailer
- Batman: Akrham Knight Interim Patch is Here, For Real This Time
- Mornin '15
- Harmonix Joins Fig Crowdfunding
- Borderlands Added to Xbox One Backwards Compatibility
- Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut PS4 Code Giveaway
- REVIEW: Madden NFL 16 Review
- Batman Arkham Knight PC Patch Released, Then Pulled
- Witcher Universe on Sale at GOG.com
- New Mortal Kombat X DLC for 2016
The disappointing last iteration in EA's shooter series, Medal of Honor, has caused the publisher to rethink its strategy. EA COO Peter Moore confirms that due to the lousy performance of the franchise with Medal of Honor: Warfighter, they won't continue the series. They're taking it "out of rotation," according to EA.
"The game was solid, but the focus on combat authenticity did not resonate with consumers," commented Moore. "Critics were polarised and gave the game scores which were frankly lower than deserved. This one is behind us now. We are taking Medal of Honor out of rotation and have to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings."
Also, EA labels president Frank Gibeau said: "We're in a hit-driven business where it's about what you can build in a certain period of time and really deliver for the marketplace, and frankly we missed on Medal of Honor. And we take responsibility for that."
No wonder Medal of Honor has done poorly. Everyone's playing Black Ops.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Your favorite handheld/mobile platform is:
|Any Android-based phone.||24.72%|
|iPad or any tablet really. ||20.58%|
|Nintendo 3DS (XL).||18.37%|