- Activision Announces Skylanders Collectible Card Game
- Rocket League Becomes First Xbox One/PC Cross-platform Game
- New Battleborn Update in Time for Overwatch
- Overwatch Launches, GeForce Drivers Released
- Uncharted 4 Sells 2.7 Million
- The Division Gets Major Bug Fixed
- FEATURE: 8 Game of Thrones Characters That Would Make Amazing Video Games
- Mornin '16
- ESPN Offering to Pay Riot the Big Bucks to Broadcast LCS
- Yes, There is a Pro Cycling Manager 2016
- No Microtransactions for Overwatch Characters and Maps
- Ori and the Blind Forest Gets a Retail Version
- E3 Will Host an Open-to-the-Public Live Event
- Overwatch New Animated Short, Game Launches Tomorrow
- Doom And Total War: Warhammer PC Best-Sellers
- REVIEW: Total War: Warhammer
The next Xbox One update for August will add quite a bit of functionality to the system, such as support for 3D Blu-Rays and a host of social features. Players will be able to "like" friends' activities and comment on them (like a Facebook for your Xbox Friends), and players will receive notifications whenever someone likes or shares something with them (like Facebook!).
The update will also allow games purchased via Xbox.com or SmartGlass to immediately download as long as you set up your console to automatically download updates. You can also (FINALLY) turn off all notifications while watching videos.
The Friends area will also get a bit of an expansion, including showing last activities, top games your friends are playing, and a Gamerscore leaderboard, because I need that last affirmation at how much a better player my friends are than me.
Those with early access to firmware updates will get these new features next week. Everyone else will have to wait until August.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP