- Xbox One Launch Delayed in China
- Ubisoft Details Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass
- PlayStation TV Will Launch in North America with 700 Games
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Shows Open-Ended Assassination Missions
- REVIEW: Anomaly 2
- Destiny Holds the Fort in UK
- Final Fantasy XV TGS 14 Gameplay Trailer
- Activision Files for Dismissal in Noriega Lawsuit
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition Spotted
- Mornin '14
- REVIEW: Disney Infinity: 2.0 Edition - Marvel Super Heroes Review
- COMIC: Balloons: Snake's Answer to Everything
The next Xbox One update for August will add quite a bit of functionality to the system, such as support for 3D Blu-Rays and a host of social features. Players will be able to "like" friends' activities and comment on them (like a Facebook for your Xbox Friends), and players will receive notifications whenever someone likes or shares something with them (like Facebook!).
The update will also allow games purchased via Xbox.com or SmartGlass to immediately download as long as you set up your console to automatically download updates. You can also (FINALLY) turn off all notifications while watching videos.
The Friends area will also get a bit of an expansion, including showing last activities, top games your friends are playing, and a Gamerscore leaderboard, because I need that last affirmation at how much a better player my friends are than me.
Those with early access to firmware updates will get these new features next week. Everyone else will have to wait until August.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP