- PlayStation 1.76 Firmware Update Out Today
- Resident Evil HD Gameplay Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Bloodborne Gets Release Date in Japan
- Borderlands: Pre-Sequel Season Pass Announced
- Alone in the Dark: Illumination Trailer
- Metro Redux Tops UK Charts
- Persona 5 Confirmed for PlayStation 4
- Capcom Announces Resident Evil Revelations 2
Sony has finally summed up the courage to reveal its plans for a new PlayStation console, during a press event held today in New York City. The PlayStation 4 is coming.
Andrew House, president of Sony Computer Entertainment, confirmed this and introduced Mark Cerny as the lead system architect.
The manufacturer proceeded to explain how this new consoles is "a platform for game creators by game creators," in addition to which he talked about the new DualShock 4 and it's new features.
Also, Sony did reveal that the PlayStation 4 will give users a chance to play games as those very games are being downloaded. Evidently, the console contains a secondary custom chip for background downloading and processing.
The best part of all is that the console is set to stream PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, so yeah, backward compatibility is very much in the picture.
Be on the lookout for more news, soon.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP