- COMIC: XCOM 3: Alien Plan Revealed
- Mornin '16
- New Skills and Mods Trailer for The Division
- FEATURE: Sexiest Non-Roided Men in Video Games
- New Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Patch Improves Graphics Options
- HTC Vive User Manual is Out, Shows Crazy Setup Requirements
- Unreal Engine 4 Video Shows Building VR within VR
- The Solus Project Heads to Early Access in February
- BMX Legend Dave Mirra Dies at 41
GDC has so far been heavy on the virtual reality news. Sony has announced that they're also stepping into the VR game for the PlayStation 4 with their own headset codenamed "Project Morpheus."
"Virtual reality is the next innovation from from PlayStation that may well shape the future of games," Shuhei Yoshida said during the presentation. He then dramatically whipped a sheet off of a covered prototype he was standing next to.
Yoshida said that they have been working on the headset for the last three years, but this protoype is "by no means the final unit."
The tech specs are after the break.
- LCD Display:
- LCD panel size: 5 inches
- Panel Resolution: 1920×RGB×1080 (960×RGB×1080 per eye)
- 1000Hz head tracking
- Field of View: 90 degrees
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- Connection interface: HDMI + USB
- 3D audio support
- 'Social Screen feature' mirrors experience onto TV (Allows for unique asymmetric gameplay)
- 3 meter working volume
- Supports 'forward prediction'
- DualShock 4 and PS Move compatible
- Highly adjustable unit
- Direct on-board audio jack for headphones
- No weight placed on nose or cheeks
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP