- COMIC: The Pain of Swatting
- Mornin '14
- The Elder Scrolls Online Dragonstar Arena Trailer
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Ratbag Trailer
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announcement Trailer
- Total War: Rome 2 EE Screens
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Confirmed for 2015
- Total War: Rome II - Emperor Edition Announced
- Nintendo Announces the 'New' 3DS
- Bayonetta 2 Release Date Announced for October
- Valve Sued by Aussie Consumer Rights Commission
- Saints Row Reveal Soon?
- Deep Down Very Much in Development, Coop Shown
GDC has so far been heavy on the virtual reality news. Sony has announced that they're also stepping into the VR game for the PlayStation 4 with their own headset codenamed "Project Morpheus."
"Virtual reality is the next innovation from from PlayStation that may well shape the future of games," Shuhei Yoshida said during the presentation. He then dramatically whipped a sheet off of a covered prototype he was standing next to.
Yoshida said that they have been working on the headset for the last three years, but this protoype is "by no means the final unit."
The tech specs are after the break.
- LCD Display:
- LCD panel size: 5 inches
- Panel Resolution: 1920×RGB×1080 (960×RGB×1080 per eye)
- 1000Hz head tracking
- Field of View: 90 degrees
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- Connection interface: HDMI + USB
- 3D audio support
- 'Social Screen feature' mirrors experience onto TV (Allows for unique asymmetric gameplay)
- 3 meter working volume
- Supports 'forward prediction'
- DualShock 4 and PS Move compatible
- Highly adjustable unit
- Direct on-board audio jack for headphones
- No weight placed on nose or cheeks
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP