- Beyond Good & Evil Sequel Still Very Much Alive
- Sacred 3 Launch Trailer
- Voting Poll: Cheaper Games
- Call of Duty: DLC, DLC... DLC?
- FIFA 15 Agility and Control Trailer
- Mornin '14
- New BioWare Teaser Emerges
- Rayman Creator Forms New Studio
- PlayStation Sales Improve Sony's Financial Results
- Gearbox Ask Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit to be Dropped
- Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 Pre-order via Steam
- F1 2014 Announced, Trailer & Screens Released
- Shadow of Mordor The Wraith Trailer
- Square Enix Reveals Gamescom Line-up, No Deus Ex
GDC has so far been heavy on the virtual reality news. Sony has announced that they're also stepping into the VR game for the PlayStation 4 with their own headset codenamed "Project Morpheus."
"Virtual reality is the next innovation from from PlayStation that may well shape the future of games," Shuhei Yoshida said during the presentation. He then dramatically whipped a sheet off of a covered prototype he was standing next to.
Yoshida said that they have been working on the headset for the last three years, but this protoype is "by no means the final unit."
The tech specs are after the break.
- LCD Display:
- LCD panel size: 5 inches
- Panel Resolution: 1920×RGB×1080 (960×RGB×1080 per eye)
- 1000Hz head tracking
- Field of View: 90 degrees
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- Connection interface: HDMI + USB
- 3D audio support
- 'Social Screen feature' mirrors experience onto TV (Allows for unique asymmetric gameplay)
- 3 meter working volume
- Supports 'forward prediction'
- DualShock 4 and PS Move compatible
- Highly adjustable unit
- Direct on-board audio jack for headphones
- No weight placed on nose or cheeks
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP