- Nintendo's E3 2016 Press Conference Will be a One-Game Show
- E3 2016 PC Gaming Show Will Take EA's Usual Spot
- RUMOR: Next Battlefield Will be Battlefield 1944
- DOOM Launch Trailer and PC Requirements
- Call of Duty: Infinite Fanfare, People Downvoting Trailer
- Total War: Warhammer Will Launch With Full Mod Support
- Total War: Warhammer Developer Interview
- REVIEW: Kathy Rain
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor Trailer Released
- Watch Insanely Tough Dark Souls 3 Boss Go Down After One Hit
- Mornin '16
- Respawn and EA Join Forces for a New Star Wars Game
- Check Out These Weapons of Mass Destruction in New W40K: Inquisitor - Martyr Trailer
- Massive Star Wars Sale at the PlayStation Store
- LEGO Star Wars: The Fourth Awakens Trailer
- FEATURE: Top 4 Star Wars Vehicles and Ships With Video Game Potential
- Star Wars Games Very Cheap on Steam
GDC has so far been heavy on the virtual reality news. Sony has announced that they're also stepping into the VR game for the PlayStation 4 with their own headset codenamed "Project Morpheus."
"Virtual reality is the next innovation from from PlayStation that may well shape the future of games," Shuhei Yoshida said during the presentation. He then dramatically whipped a sheet off of a covered prototype he was standing next to.
Yoshida said that they have been working on the headset for the last three years, but this protoype is "by no means the final unit."
The tech specs are after the break.
- LCD Display:
- LCD panel size: 5 inches
- Panel Resolution: 1920×RGB×1080 (960×RGB×1080 per eye)
- 1000Hz head tracking
- Field of View: 90 degrees
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- Connection interface: HDMI + USB
- 3D audio support
- 'Social Screen feature' mirrors experience onto TV (Allows for unique asymmetric gameplay)
- 3 meter working volume
- Supports 'forward prediction'
- DualShock 4 and PS Move compatible
- Highly adjustable unit
- Direct on-board audio jack for headphones
- No weight placed on nose or cheeks
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP