- Kojima's Name Removed from Silent Hill Properties
- April's Games with Gold
- First Bloodborne Patch is Live
- PS4 Content for Batman Arkham Knight Will be Exclusive Until Fall
- Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Going to 3 More Consoles?
- Batman Arkham Knight Breathes Life Back Into Scarecrow
- Mornin '15
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles Announced
- The Witcher 3 Gets You 200+ Hours of Gameplay
- PlayStation Plus for April 2015 Includes Dishonored
- Dying Light Emergency Broadcast
- REVIEW: Life is Strange Episode 2 - Out of Time
- The Sims 4: Get to Work Out Now
- Nintendo Direct Presentation on April 1st
- The Voting Poll You've Been Waiting for, The Serious One
GDC has so far been heavy on the virtual reality news. Sony has announced that they're also stepping into the VR game for the PlayStation 4 with their own headset codenamed "Project Morpheus."
"Virtual reality is the next innovation from from PlayStation that may well shape the future of games," Shuhei Yoshida said during the presentation. He then dramatically whipped a sheet off of a covered prototype he was standing next to.
Yoshida said that they have been working on the headset for the last three years, but this protoype is "by no means the final unit."
The tech specs are after the break.
- LCD Display:
- LCD panel size: 5 inches
- Panel Resolution: 1920×RGB×1080 (960×RGB×1080 per eye)
- 1000Hz head tracking
- Field of View: 90 degrees
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- Connection interface: HDMI + USB
- 3D audio support
- 'Social Screen feature' mirrors experience onto TV (Allows for unique asymmetric gameplay)
- 3 meter working volume
- Supports 'forward prediction'
- DualShock 4 and PS Move compatible
- Highly adjustable unit
- Direct on-board audio jack for headphones
- No weight placed on nose or cheeks
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP