- REVIEW: Disney Infinity: 2.0 Edition - Marvel Super Heroes Review
- COMIC: Balloons: Snake's Answer to Everything
- Mornin '14
- 18 Minutes of Battleborn Gameplay
- Assassin's Creed Movie Delayed
- New Content Available for Christopher Brookmyre's Bedlam Early Access
- Free Game Friday: Wasteland 2
- The Order: 1886 Trailer Shows Weapons & Combat
- Square Enix Announces Shinra Technologies, their Cloud-Based Service
- Wasteland 2 Out Now
GDC has so far been heavy on the virtual reality news. Sony has announced that they're also stepping into the VR game for the PlayStation 4 with their own headset codenamed "Project Morpheus."
"Virtual reality is the next innovation from from PlayStation that may well shape the future of games," Shuhei Yoshida said during the presentation. He then dramatically whipped a sheet off of a covered prototype he was standing next to.
Yoshida said that they have been working on the headset for the last three years, but this protoype is "by no means the final unit."
The tech specs are after the break.
- LCD Display:
- LCD panel size: 5 inches
- Panel Resolution: 1920×RGB×1080 (960×RGB×1080 per eye)
- 1000Hz head tracking
- Field of View: 90 degrees
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- Connection interface: HDMI + USB
- 3D audio support
- 'Social Screen feature' mirrors experience onto TV (Allows for unique asymmetric gameplay)
- 3 meter working volume
- Supports 'forward prediction'
- DualShock 4 and PS Move compatible
- Highly adjustable unit
- Direct on-board audio jack for headphones
- No weight placed on nose or cheeks
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP