- Mornin '15
- No Cyberpunk 2077 News Until 2017
- Screentendo Turns Your Screen into Super Mario Bros.
- Serious Issues with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS4
- Technomancer Screens
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection June 2015
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Supremacy DLC Trailer
- Ubisoft Sale at the PlayStation Store
Sony is no longer the third largest shareholder of Square Enix, as the company is selling every last piece of Squenix stock it owns.
For the last ten years, Sony has owned about 9.5 million shares in Square Enix stock, and they plan to sell it all to SMBC Nikko, a global securities firm. Even though the stock is estimated to be worth around $157 million, they are selling it for $47 million.
This move could be part of the pressure CEO Kaz Hirai has to cut corporate costs, and it could also be due to Square Enix's multiplatform approach with series that were traditionally PlayStation exclusives and Square Enix's own financial troubles. It will be interesting to see how this affects both companies down the road.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP