- Assassin's Creed Rogue PC Spotted
- F.E.A.R. Online Coming to Steam Next Month
- Former Vigil Employees Form Indie Studio Airship Syndicate
- Alien Isolation Trailer Delivers Creepiness
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
- New The Evil Within Gameplay Trailer
- Life is Feudal: Your Own Conquers Steam
- Assassin's Creed Unity Customization And Co-op Trailer
- REVIEW: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- FIFA 15 Reigns in UK
- Creative Director Promises Battlefield: Hardline Will Work at Launch
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: Indie Game Stereotypes
Matt Stone, co-creator of South Park, spoke out a bit about the censorship of South Park: The Stick of Truth in the European and Australian versions of the game.
"It does feel like a double standard, a little bit," Stone told The Guardian. "We weren't willing to change the content, but also it doesn't ruin the game--it's like 40 seconds' worth of the whole game. As long as we could make a joke out of the fact that they made us cut this, that was fine."
Some of the scenes that were censored including anal probing and abortion, and they were replaced with images of face-palming coupled with text describing what was really taking place. The North American version is completely uncensored.
Stone did admit that since games are far more interactive than TV shows or movies, this could be why this material was censored.
"There is an interactiveness that makes it different. In movies and television you can do stuff that's morally grey very easily, because you get to show consequences, you get to show reward, but in a video game there's a reason why everything is a Nazi, zombie, or alien--these are pretty clear moral choices," Stone said. "There are things that make people more uncomfortable in an interactive world, definitely. But that said, what we had in the game, we could have shown that on TV pretty easily, especially now."
South Park: The Stick of Truth released on March 4th for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Look for our review very soon.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP