- FEATURE: VR Skeptic Turned VR Believer, Yet Still Won't Buy VR
- PAX East 2016: Recap and Leftovers
- Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer
- Starship Corporation Wants You to Build Ships; Great Big Ships
- New Battlefield Announced on May 6th
- Mornin '16
- Learn How Jensen Asked for This in DXMD 101 Trailer
- Steam Sales Plummeting in Proportion to Number of Games Releasing
- Guile Sonic Booms His Way Onto Street Fighter V Today with Update
- FEATURE: Captain America: Civil War - The Multiplayer Game We Want
- Activision Appears to Confirm Call of Duty 4 Remastered with Poop Emoji
- Xbox One Iron Man Edition Looks Sexy
- PSN Making More Cash Than the Whole of Nintendo
In November last year I actually thought that Chris Roberts and his team was ridiculously lucky for having reached a $33 milestone for their crowd-funded game, Star Citizen. Now, it appears that the project already overshot the $48 million mark, steadily going towards 50 million.
Judging by the latest figures, even the crappy Star Citizen demo shown on PAX 2014 couldn't stop fans and enthusiasts from supporting the game. That's relentless geek-style devotion for ya. Nothing you can do or say to stop them from throwing money at what they believe in. Which is comforting in a way.
That's some budget. For a game that started with an initial target of $500,000 on Kickstarter back in 2012.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP