- Net Neutrality Rules Approved by FCC, Freedom?
- Capcom Issuing Refunds Over Resident Evil Revelations 2
- Valley of the Yetis Far Cry 4 DLC Releases in Marach
- See How Different FF Is in Type-0 HD Gameplay Trailer
- If Overkill Can Make Payday 2 Better on PS4 over Xbox One, They Will
- Nintendo Bringing Splatoon to PAX East
- Fable Legends Now Free-to-Play on PC and Xbox One
- Over 4 Million People Subscribe to FFXIV: A Realm Reborn
- REVIEW: Evolve
- Mornin '15 - PC Upgrade?
- DX 12 to Allow Mutli-GPU Between GeForce and Radeon?
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number to Release in March
- The Evil Within: The Assignment DLC Trailer and Release Date
- Battlefield Hardline has Gone Gold
- Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Unites Villains
- Shadow of Mordor The Bright Lord DLC Released
In November last year I actually thought that Chris Roberts and his team was ridiculously lucky for having reached a $33 milestone for their crowd-funded game, Star Citizen. Now, it appears that the project already overshot the $48 million mark, steadily going towards 50 million.
Judging by the latest figures, even the crappy Star Citizen demo shown on PAX 2014 couldn't stop fans and enthusiasts from supporting the game. That's relentless geek-style devotion for ya. Nothing you can do or say to stop them from throwing money at what they believe in. Which is comforting in a way.
That's some budget. For a game that started with an initial target of $500,000 on Kickstarter back in 2012.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP