- REVIEW: Depression Quest
- Assassin's Creed Rogue Screens
- Battlefield Hardline Into The Jungle Trailer
- Destiny Planet View Trailer
- New Assassin's Creed Unity Screenshots
- Beyond: Two Souls Director's Cut for PS4 Spotted
- PlayStation 1.76 Firmware Update Out Today
- Resident Evil HD Gameplay Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Bloodborne Gets Release Date in Japan
- Borderlands: Pre-Sequel Season Pass Announced
- Alone in the Dark: Illumination Trailer
- Metro Redux Tops UK Charts
- Persona 5 Confirmed for PlayStation 4
- Capcom Announces Resident Evil Revelations 2
In November last year I actually thought that Chris Roberts and his team was ridiculously lucky for having reached a $33 milestone for their crowd-funded game, Star Citizen. Now, it appears that the project already overshot the $48 million mark, steadily going towards 50 million.
Judging by the latest figures, even the crappy Star Citizen demo shown on PAX 2014 couldn't stop fans and enthusiasts from supporting the game. That's relentless geek-style devotion for ya. Nothing you can do or say to stop them from throwing money at what they believe in. Which is comforting in a way.
That's some budget. For a game that started with an initial target of $500,000 on Kickstarter back in 2012.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP