- REVIEW: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- 17-Year-Old Swatter Pleads Guilty to 23 Incidents
- Batman: Arkham Knight Characters Unmasked Trailer
- F1 2015 Delayed to July
- Pixels Trailer, Will This Make Geeks Happy?
- Watch the Sony E3 Press Conference at a Movie Theater
- Mornin '15
- Need for Speed Reboot Confirmed for Fall 2015
- CD Projekt Red Responds to Graphical Downgrade Accusations
- REVIEW: Life is Strange Episode 3 - Chaos Theory
- Hellraid Sent Back to Drawing Board
- Keri Has a Problem - Unboxing The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition
- Batman: Arkham Knight Live Action Trailer
- Rockstar Files Suit Against BBC for GTA Drama
In November last year I actually thought that Chris Roberts and his team was ridiculously lucky for having reached a $33 milestone for their crowd-funded game, Star Citizen. Now, it appears that the project already overshot the $48 million mark, steadily going towards 50 million.
Judging by the latest figures, even the crappy Star Citizen demo shown on PAX 2014 couldn't stop fans and enthusiasts from supporting the game. That's relentless geek-style devotion for ya. Nothing you can do or say to stop them from throwing money at what they believe in. Which is comforting in a way.
That's some budget. For a game that started with an initial target of $500,000 on Kickstarter back in 2012.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP