- Large Dragon Age Inquisition Patch Coming
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Releases This September
- Slow Your Roll; There is No Valve Press Conference at 3p.m.
- Battlefield Hardline Premium Membership Program
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for PS4 Officially Announced
- Fallout 4 @ E3 2015?
- Mornin '15
- Bombshell Reveal Trailer
- Skyrim Mods No Longer Have a File Size Limit
- Unreal Engine 4 Free for Everyone
- Dying Light Champion in UK
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Card Game
- HTC Announces Their Own VR Headset
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Countdown Clock Appears
- World Asking for Half-Life 3, Again
- Trine 3 Announced, Trailer Released
My life for Aiur!
Blizzard has announced that the StarCraft II World Championship Series will be redesigned for 2013. Unlike last year's confusing mess, the 2013 series will feature three mini-seasons for each of the three major regions: South Korea, America, and Europe. The top 16 performers for the year will move on to compete in the global finals, where pros from any continent will compete for a massive prize and the crown of 2013 Battle.net World Champion. Each game will be cast through TwitchTV in HD resolution for free.
Perhaps the biggest change that fans of eSports and StarCraft II should be glad to hear is that the payout will be a total of $1.6 million. In contrast, Season 2 had a total prize pool of $250,000.
So what does this mean if you aren't really into StarCraft II's competitive arena? Well, the game is doing extremely well, and Blizzard is supporting it in every way it can. Heart of the Swarm and the 2.0.4 update have brought in tons of competitive players resulting in it being a top played game and a favorite for streamers. The massive prize pool is the second most in gaming history topping Counter-Strike's legendary tournaments but stopping short of League of Legends' ridiculously high $3 million 2013 LCS.
StarCraft II still has one expansion left: Legacy of the Void. In the meantime Blizzard will continue to ensure that it has the #1 competitive RTS on the market.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP