- REVIEW: Skylanders Trap Team
- Ubisoft Wants 'Endless Gameplay' for The Division
- The Witcher 3 Opening Cinematic
- Assassin's Creed Unity Now Available to Pre-Download on Xbox One
- Possible Halo 5 Release Date Leaked
- 'M' Rating on Dragon Age Because of Implied Fellatio
- Assassin's Creed Unity System Requirements
- Mornin '14
- CoD: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs Unveiled
- Assassin's Creed Unity Open World Trailer
- 3D Realms is Back with 3D Realms Anthology
- Free Version of Xbox Music Getting Cut
- Xbox One Snapshot Feature in 2015
- Movie Time - Avengers: Age of Ultron Debut Trailer
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Intro Teaser
- Titanfall Update to Add...Co-op
My life for Aiur!
Blizzard has announced that the StarCraft II World Championship Series will be redesigned for 2013. Unlike last year's confusing mess, the 2013 series will feature three mini-seasons for each of the three major regions: South Korea, America, and Europe. The top 16 performers for the year will move on to compete in the global finals, where pros from any continent will compete for a massive prize and the crown of 2013 Battle.net World Champion. Each game will be cast through TwitchTV in HD resolution for free.
Perhaps the biggest change that fans of eSports and StarCraft II should be glad to hear is that the payout will be a total of $1.6 million. In contrast, Season 2 had a total prize pool of $250,000.
So what does this mean if you aren't really into StarCraft II's competitive arena? Well, the game is doing extremely well, and Blizzard is supporting it in every way it can. Heart of the Swarm and the 2.0.4 update have brought in tons of competitive players resulting in it being a top played game and a favorite for streamers. The massive prize pool is the second most in gaming history topping Counter-Strike's legendary tournaments but stopping short of League of Legends' ridiculously high $3 million 2013 LCS.
StarCraft II still has one expansion left: Legacy of the Void. In the meantime Blizzard will continue to ensure that it has the #1 competitive RTS on the market.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP