- And The Game Awards Nominees Are...
- And the Winner of Far Cry Friday is...
- Valve Cracking Down on Requirements for Steam Early Access
- Free Sunset Overdrive Trial on Saturday Only
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Conflicks: Revolutionary Space Battles Looks Insane, In a Good Way
- Mornin '14
- Telltale Game of Thrones Teaser Trailer
- The Crew Goes Open Beta Next Week
- FEATURE: In-house Video: Keri Has a CE Problem - Dragon Age Inquisition CE Unboxing
- New Patch for Assassin's Creed Initiates Game
- Activision Claims CoDAW is 'Biggest Entertainment Launch of the Year'
- MGS V: Ground Zeroes Specs Revealed
- WoW Goes Back to 10 Million Subscribers
Over 3 million people pledged $480 million to Kickstarter projects throughout 2013. In 2012, 2.2 million pledged $320 million. The games category of Kickstarter still reigns as the top pledging category with $202 million pledged across 8000 projects.
Of course, this doesn't mean that all $480 million went to successful fundraisers. This is just what was pledged, whether the project was successful or not. Despite that, this still shows how successful Kickstarter has been as a whole. It might have been considered a passing fad when it first came about, but apparently it's filling a void that many, from creator to consumer, wanted.
I actually pledged money to a Kickstarter project this year, something I swore I would never do. Anyone else take part in a Kickstarter crowd-fundraiser?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP