- Mornin '16
- Ready at Dawn Will Reportedly Announce New Game Next Week
- FEATURE: Filling the Void: Video Game-based Board Game Trend
- Total War: Warhammer Breaks Series Sales Records
- Dragon Quest Builders Crossing the Pacific This October
- REVIEW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
- Elite: Dangerous Horizons Engineers Expansion is Out Today
- The Last Guardian Releases in 2016
Over 3 million people pledged $480 million to Kickstarter projects throughout 2013. In 2012, 2.2 million pledged $320 million. The games category of Kickstarter still reigns as the top pledging category with $202 million pledged across 8000 projects.
Of course, this doesn't mean that all $480 million went to successful fundraisers. This is just what was pledged, whether the project was successful or not. Despite that, this still shows how successful Kickstarter has been as a whole. It might have been considered a passing fad when it first came about, but apparently it's filling a void that many, from creator to consumer, wanted.
I actually pledged money to a Kickstarter project this year, something I swore I would never do. Anyone else take part in a Kickstarter crowd-fundraiser?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP