- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Unity NVIDIA-Flavored Trailer
- Sony Investigating Issues with PS4 Update 2.0
- Halo 2 Anniversary Trailer
- Star Citizen Now Has $59 Million
- Destiny The Dark Below Expansion Detailed
- Crusader: No Remorse For Free
- Noriega Lawsuit Dismissed
- Dying Light PS3 & 360 Cancelled
- Star Wars: Battlefront Set for Holiday 2015
Over 3 million people pledged $480 million to Kickstarter projects throughout 2013. In 2012, 2.2 million pledged $320 million. The games category of Kickstarter still reigns as the top pledging category with $202 million pledged across 8000 projects.
Of course, this doesn't mean that all $480 million went to successful fundraisers. This is just what was pledged, whether the project was successful or not. Despite that, this still shows how successful Kickstarter has been as a whole. It might have been considered a passing fad when it first came about, but apparently it's filling a void that many, from creator to consumer, wanted.
I actually pledged money to a Kickstarter project this year, something I swore I would never do. Anyone else take part in a Kickstarter crowd-fundraiser?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP