- Need for Speed Needs Online Connection
- Lords of the Fallen 2 in 2017
- Overwatch: Symmetra Gameplay Video
- Nvidia Shield Android TV is Out, Reviews Arrive
- FEATURE: Gaming and Parenting, Cuz We Can Manage Both
- Mornin '15
- Xbox Games with Gold for June 2015
- Uncharted 4 Expected to Release Q1 2016
- Women's Soccer Teams Join FIFA 16
- FEATURE: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Could Make or Break the Series for Ubisoft
- Capcom Pulls Ultra Street Fighter IV from Pro Tour
- Official Batman: Arkham Knight Gameplay Trailer
- The Witcher 3 PS4 Patched
- Battlefield Hardline's Criminal Activity Gives You A Nailgun
- MS Preparing New Xbox One Controller in June
- Need for Speed Reboot Release Date Leaked
Over 3 million people pledged $480 million to Kickstarter projects throughout 2013. In 2012, 2.2 million pledged $320 million. The games category of Kickstarter still reigns as the top pledging category with $202 million pledged across 8000 projects.
Of course, this doesn't mean that all $480 million went to successful fundraisers. This is just what was pledged, whether the project was successful or not. Despite that, this still shows how successful Kickstarter has been as a whole. It might have been considered a passing fad when it first came about, but apparently it's filling a void that many, from creator to consumer, wanted.
I actually pledged money to a Kickstarter project this year, something I swore I would never do. Anyone else take part in a Kickstarter crowd-fundraiser?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP