- Mornin '14
- The Elder Scrolls Online Dragonstar Arena Trailer
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Ratbag Trailer
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announcement Trailer
- Total War: Rome 2 EE Screens
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Confirmed for 2015
- Total War: Rome II - Emperor Edition Announced
- Nintendo Announces the 'New' 3DS
- Bayonetta 2 Release Date Announced for October
- Valve Sued by Aussie Consumer Rights Commission
- Saints Row Reveal Soon?
- Deep Down Very Much in Development, Coop Shown
Over 3 million people pledged $480 million to Kickstarter projects throughout 2013. In 2012, 2.2 million pledged $320 million. The games category of Kickstarter still reigns as the top pledging category with $202 million pledged across 8000 projects.
Of course, this doesn't mean that all $480 million went to successful fundraisers. This is just what was pledged, whether the project was successful or not. Despite that, this still shows how successful Kickstarter has been as a whole. It might have been considered a passing fad when it first came about, but apparently it's filling a void that many, from creator to consumer, wanted.
I actually pledged money to a Kickstarter project this year, something I swore I would never do. Anyone else take part in a Kickstarter crowd-fundraiser?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP