- 343 Explains the 20GB Day-One Download for the Master Chief Collection
- More Star Wars Battlefront 3 Footage Leaks
- Jade Raymond Leaves Ubisoft
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare System Requirements Revealed
- Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror Releases Tomorrow
- In The UK, None Shall Pass... But FIFA
- New Borderlands Game is Top Seller on Steam
- First Expansion for FFXIV Announced - Heavensward
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: Inquisitive Xenomorph
The Angry Birds Trilogy was a bit of an oddity when it launched last year on Xbox 360, PS3, and 3DS. Bundling together three iOS titles that all sold for $1 each, and adding in some new content, HD graphics, and a control scheme based on its platform (Kinect, PS Move, touchscreen) along the way, the trilogy was sold for $40 on consoles and $30 on the 3DS.
As it turns out, that high price tag wasn't enough to deter potential buyers as Activision has announced that the Angry Birds Trilogy has crossed the 1 million sold threshold. To keep that sales ball rolling, this year will see both a Wii and Wii U release of the game, with the Wii U version likely taking full advantage of the GamePad for precise controls.
Petri Järvilehto, EVP of Games for Rovio, talked a little about this news:
"It was certainly satisfying to see Angry Birds gameplay adapt so well to other platforms in 2012. The features specific to the Wii U are very intriguing to us, so we're excited to release this version to fans."
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP