- Mornin '15
- Battlefield Hardline UK Wins Over Folk in UK
- Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay Trailer
- Dragon Age Inquisition DLC Goes to Other Platforms in May
- Project Cars Will Have Free Car DLC Every Month
- Mortal Kombat X Producer Leaves Twitter Due to Threats Against His Family
- Pillars of Eternity All Over Steam
- Halo 5 Release Date Announced
The Angry Birds Trilogy was a bit of an oddity when it launched last year on Xbox 360, PS3, and 3DS. Bundling together three iOS titles that all sold for $1 each, and adding in some new content, HD graphics, and a control scheme based on its platform (Kinect, PS Move, touchscreen) along the way, the trilogy was sold for $40 on consoles and $30 on the 3DS.
As it turns out, that high price tag wasn't enough to deter potential buyers as Activision has announced that the Angry Birds Trilogy has crossed the 1 million sold threshold. To keep that sales ball rolling, this year will see both a Wii and Wii U release of the game, with the Wii U version likely taking full advantage of the GamePad for precise controls.
Petri Järvilehto, EVP of Games for Rovio, talked a little about this news:
"It was certainly satisfying to see Angry Birds gameplay adapt so well to other platforms in 2012. The features specific to the Wii U are very intriguing to us, so we're excited to release this version to fans."
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Are you mad?
|Cut the crap and let's talk elf-alligator biscuits and Tinker Belle’s mortgage payment.||62.50%|
|Why do you think I'm here?||25.00%|
|Frankly, I need a hat.||12.50%|
|Hell naaw, man!||0.00%|