- MS Confirms Windows 10 for 2015
- Might & Magic Heroes Online Launch Trailer
- Tetris is Getting its Own Movie
- Huge Battlefield 4 Update Rolls Out Today
- Bungie Confirms Destiny Expansion Packs
- REVIEW: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
- Shadow of Mordor Launch Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Character Creation Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Rogue PC Spotted
- F.E.A.R. Online Coming to Steam Next Month
- Former Vigil Employees Form Indie Studio Airship Syndicate
- Alien Isolation Trailer Delivers Creepiness
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
- New The Evil Within Gameplay Trailer
- Life is Feudal: Your Own Conquers Steam
- Assassin's Creed Unity Customization And Co-op Trailer
- REVIEW: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- FIFA 15 Reigns in UK
- Creative Director Promises Battlefield: Hardline Will Work at Launch
Originally scheduled to release for the PlayStation 3 on May 7th in North America and Europe, Sony has announced that The Last of Us has been delayed until June 14th worldwide.
Neil Druckmann, Lead Game Designer at Naughty Dog, took to the PS Blog to reveal the reasons for the new date:
"The Last of Us is an ambitious project. In many ways it may be Naughty Dog's most ambitious project to date – brand new universe and cast of characters, brand new tech, brand new genre, not to mention it’s easily the longest campaign Naughty Dog has ever made.
As we entered the final phase of development for The Last of Us, we came to realize just how massive Joel and Ellie’s journey is. But instead of cutting corners or compromising our vision, we came to the tough decision that the game deserved a few extra weeks to ensure every detail of The Last of Us was up to Naughty Dog’s internal high standards.
As a team we pride ourselves on setting a very high quality bar for every aspect of our games – gameplay, story, art, design, technology and more. We want to make sure The Last of Us raises that bar even further – for ourselves, and most importantly, for you, our fans.
The extra wait will be very short and your patience will be rewarded. Update your calendars. You won’t even have to change seasons. The Last of Us will be available June 14th, 2013. Until then, know that we will be working extremely hard to deliver an experience that matches your high expectations."
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP