- Lionsgate is Working on Borderlands Movie
- XCOM 2 Delayed to 2016
- We Still Have Keys for Rainbow Six Siege Giveaway!
- Cities: Skylines Gets New Expansion Trailer at PAX
- Double Fine Announces Headlander
- LawBreakers Gameplay Reveal Trailer
- Fassbender Suits up for Assassin's Creed Role
- Mornin '15
- R. Mika Added to Street Fighter V Roster
- Yager Appears to Have Massive Layoffs
- This War of Mine: the Little Ones Going to Consoles Next Year
- Total War: Warhammer Will Have Dwarves
- Street Fighter V Worldwide Beta Test Starts Tomorrow
- FEATURE: The Importance of Reading Halo Books
- The Witcher 3 Sold 6 Million Copies
- REVIEW: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
- Trine 3 Devs Make an Apology Video
Originally scheduled to release for the PlayStation 3 on May 7th in North America and Europe, Sony has announced that The Last of Us has been delayed until June 14th worldwide.
Neil Druckmann, Lead Game Designer at Naughty Dog, took to the PS Blog to reveal the reasons for the new date:
"The Last of Us is an ambitious project. In many ways it may be Naughty Dog's most ambitious project to date – brand new universe and cast of characters, brand new tech, brand new genre, not to mention it’s easily the longest campaign Naughty Dog has ever made.
As we entered the final phase of development for The Last of Us, we came to realize just how massive Joel and Ellie’s journey is. But instead of cutting corners or compromising our vision, we came to the tough decision that the game deserved a few extra weeks to ensure every detail of The Last of Us was up to Naughty Dog’s internal high standards.
As a team we pride ourselves on setting a very high quality bar for every aspect of our games – gameplay, story, art, design, technology and more. We want to make sure The Last of Us raises that bar even further – for ourselves, and most importantly, for you, our fans.
The extra wait will be very short and your patience will be rewarded. Update your calendars. You won’t even have to change seasons. The Last of Us will be available June 14th, 2013. Until then, know that we will be working extremely hard to deliver an experience that matches your high expectations."
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP