- Xbox One Won't Require Internet Connection, MS Listens to Reason
- Mornin '13
- 40% of Xbox Install Base Abandoned with Xbox One
- Yoshida Explains Why FFXIV Has a Subscription Model
- GameStop Halts All Xbox One Preorders
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Shares Gameplay Footage
- Hotline Miami 2 Trailer
- Levine Penning Script for Hollywood Movie?
- PS3 Update 4.45 Yanked Down After Bricking Consoles
- No PS3 Price Cut, Not in UK Anyway
- Hawken Mech Mechanics Technician Trailer
- Shadowrun Returns Delayed
After early reports on Witcher 2 and a supposedly leaked trailer, Poland-based development studio CD Projekt RED finally makes an official announcement for their RPG sequel. The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings features "an incredibly gripping, mature and challenging non-linear plot." The devs have incorporated a new combat system with a greater variety of tactical possibilities. This time around, a completely new technology is being used for the game, which was designed from scratch by CD Projekt RED.
"I am really glad that we can officially present what we've been working on for the past two-and-a-half years," said Adam Kicin'ski, CEO of CD Projekt RED studio. We learned a lot during The Witcher's development process, and we are using all of that knowledge to ensure the sequel is one of the best RPGs people have ever played. We've concentrated on improving the most successful parts of the Witcher, and I strongly believe that The Witcher 2 will be loved both by fans of the original and newcomers. We know that we aimed very high while producing The WItcher 1. Now we are aiming even higher with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings."
"The company also announced distribution agreements for various territories, Atari Inc. (North America), 1C-SoftClub/Snowball Studios (Russia) and CD Projekt (Poland and Central Europe); negotiations for Western European distribution are in progress. Moreover, CD Projekt RED signed a contract with Agora S.A., which makes Agora the co-producer of the game in Poland. Thanks to this contract, CD Projekt RED will receive financial and promotional support, and the know-how of one of Poland's biggest media corporations," reads the press release.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP