- No More Battlefield 4 Expansions Until the Game is Fixed
- First Batch of Devs for ID@Xbox Announced
- What FFVI Will Look Like on Mobile
- flOw Now Available for PlayStation 4 and Vita in Europe
- New Pokemon X & Y 2DS Bundles for Holiday Season
- Assassin's Creed 4: Freedom Cry Trailer
- Gran Turismo 6 Screens - Abarth, Alfa, BMW & More
- Mornin '13
- Microsoft Promises to Improve Xbox One Party System
- Final Fantasy XIV Set for PS4 in April 2014
- Warning: Enabling Developer Settings can Brick Your Xbox One
- McDonald's Will be Giving Away Xbox One Consoles with Forza 5
- Ground Zeroes Soon, Phantom Pain Much, Much Later
- Battlefield 4 PC Update Released, PS4 Patch Pushed
- Over 2 Million PS4s Sold Worldwide
Eidos Montreal, the makers of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, are currently devoting most of their attention to the hugely anticipated stealth themed game, Thief. The studio confirmed that they have now removed the in-game experience leveling system, in response to fan feedback.
"Fans might be surprised how often the devs go to the forum to see how things are perceived in the 'real world'," writes Eidos Montreal level designer Daniel Windfeld Schmidt . "This feedback is extremely valuable to us, so as you can imagine, the consistent reaction to the XP system was something that indicated we needed to revisit some design decisions."
He added: "We wanted to put emphasis on stealing things, and put the rewards on the stealing aspect. We want to allow the player to decide the 'how to' - we shouldn't judge how the player wants to achieve their goal, only reward them for achieving it."
Is it just me or does the new Thief game look a bit generic? Just feels similar to both Assassin's Creed and Dishonored. The gameplay no longer seems unique and it looks slightly action-oriented.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP