The latest business surrounding THQ's bankruptcy has triggered the purchase of several video game franchises and development studios. According to a letter sent by THQ to Kotaku, here's what happened:
- Yesterday morning, we received a competing bid for the operating business, along with Clearlake's offer, and numerous offers for separate assets.
- During an auction process that lasted over 22 hours, the final conclusion was that the separate-asset bids would net more than a single buyer for the majority of the company.
- Shortly, we will, present the results to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, which must concur with our assessment. The proposed sales of multiple assets is as follows:
- Sega agreed to purchase Relic
- Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition and Metro
- Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront
- Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve and
- Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park
So far Ubisoft is the only publisher that officially confirmed the purchase of THQ Montreal and the project South Park:
"This deal adds experienced developers to our internal creative teams at a key moment in the cycle of the video game industry," said Yannis Mallat, president of Ubisoft Montreal. THQ Montreal In addition to the team at THQ Montreal, Ubisoft also acquired a new, yet-to-be announced IP in development at the studio. THQ Montreal will join Ubisoft's development teams, already the second-largest in-house development staff in the world with 26 studios in 19 countries and more than 6,250 people dedicated to video game production.
South Park: The Stick of Truth South Park: The Stick of Truth is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment, the studio behind Fallout: New Vegas, and is scheduled for release in calendar 2013.
This acquisition has no material impact on Ubisoft's current fiscal year (2012/13).
Stay tuned for a bit more info on Darksiders 3...
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Game of the Year 2014 - People's Choice
|Dragon Age: Inquistion||9.30%|
|Divinity: Original Sin||7.92%|
|South Park: The Stick of Truth||3.17%|
|Far Cry 4||3.06%|
|Wolfenstein: The New Order||3.03%|
|Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor||2.99%|
|Diablo III: Reaper of Souls||2.92%|
|Dark Souls II||2.89%|
|The Wolf Among Us||2.68%|
|World of WarCraft: Warlords of Draenor||2.61%|
|Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel||2.46%|
|The Walking Dead Season 2||2.39%|
|Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare||2.29%|
|Super Smash Bros.||2.25%|
|Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments||2.22%|
|Assassin's Creed Unity||1.94%|
|Mario Kart 8||1.90%|
|Assassin's Creed Rogue||1.76%|
|Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft||1.73%|
|Child of Light||1.62%|
|The Evil Within||1.51%|
|The Vanishing of Ethan Carter||1.51%|
|Infamous Second Son||1.37%|
|Broken Age - Act 1||1.34%|
|Legend of Grimrock II||1.34%|