The latest business surrounding THQ's bankruptcy has triggered the purchase of several video game franchises and development studios. According to a letter sent by THQ to Kotaku, here's what happened:
- Yesterday morning, we received a competing bid for the operating business, along with Clearlake's offer, and numerous offers for separate assets.
- During an auction process that lasted over 22 hours, the final conclusion was that the separate-asset bids would net more than a single buyer for the majority of the company.
- Shortly, we will, present the results to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, which must concur with our assessment. The proposed sales of multiple assets is as follows:
- Sega agreed to purchase Relic
- Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition and Metro
- Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront
- Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve and
- Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park
So far Ubisoft is the only publisher that officially confirmed the purchase of THQ Montreal and the project South Park:
"This deal adds experienced developers to our internal creative teams at a key moment in the cycle of the video game industry," said Yannis Mallat, president of Ubisoft Montreal. THQ Montreal In addition to the team at THQ Montreal, Ubisoft also acquired a new, yet-to-be announced IP in development at the studio. THQ Montreal will join Ubisoft's development teams, already the second-largest in-house development staff in the world with 26 studios in 19 countries and more than 6,250 people dedicated to video game production.
South Park: The Stick of Truth South Park: The Stick of Truth is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment, the studio behind Fallout: New Vegas, and is scheduled for release in calendar 2013.
This acquisition has no material impact on Ubisoft's current fiscal year (2012/13).
Stay tuned for a bit more info on Darksiders 3...
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
The Witcher 3:
|Pre-ordered. Waiting. Gonna take several sick days, so see ya in about a month. ||30.38%|
|No, thanks. I'll pass.||25.90%|
|Waiting for the reviews.||24.53%|
|Vader, just go away. ||19.19%|