- No Cyberpunk 2077 News Until 2017
- Screentendo Turns Your Screen into Super Mario Bros.
- Serious Issues with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS4
- Technomancer Screens
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection June 2015
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Supremacy DLC Trailer
- Ubisoft Sale at the PlayStation Store
- Mornin '15
- The Witcher 3 PC Gets New Patch
- Square Enix Announces Active Time Reports for Final Fantasy XV
- Until Dawn Launch Date Trailer
- The Elder Scrolls Online Releases June 9th for the New Generation of Consoles
- Mad Max Savage Road Trailer
- Another Team of Former BioShock Devs Go to Kickstarter for Horror Game
- Adventures of Pip Releases June 4th for PC
- Project CARS May Be a Big Never for the Wii U
- Resident Evil Zero Remastered Coming
- The Witcher 3 Tops UK Sales, But Farms Are Cool Too
Publisher THQ today has officially filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, entering an Asset Purchase Agreement with affiliates of Clearlake Capital Group to purchase practically all THQ assets. That includes 4 studios that are working under THQ's brand on various games, which are currently in development.
This agreement should relieve THQ from certain legacy obligations, giving financial backing of "a new owner with substantial experience in software and technology."
To facilitate the sale, THQ and its domestic business units have filed voluntary petitions under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. The company's foreign operations, including Canada, are not included in the filings. The company has obtained commitments from Wells Fargo and Clearlake for debtor-in possession (DIP) financing of approximately $37.5 million, subject to Court approval.
"The sale and filing are necessary next steps to complete THQ's transformation and position the company for the future, as we remain confident in our existing pipeline of games, the strength of our studios and THQ's deep bench of talent," said Brian Farrell, Chairman and CEO of THQ. "We are grateful to our outstanding team of employees, partners and suppliers who have worked with us through this transition. We are pleased to have attracted a strong financial partner for our business, and we hope to complete the sale swiftly to make the process as seamless as possible."
In case you want to know, the 4 THQ titles currently in development are Metro: Last Light, Company of Heroes 2, South Park: The Stick of Truth and a Saints Row game (formerly known as Enter the Dominatrix).
Update: Hopefully, this won't affect several projects that are underway, even though THQ was recently forced to delay the aforementioned games.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
The Witcher 3:
|Pre-ordered. Waiting. Gonna take several sick days, so see ya in about a month. ||30.46%|
|No, thanks. I'll pass.||25.72%|
|Waiting for the reviews.||24.45%|
|Vader, just go away. ||19.37%|