- 2D Prince of Persia Plot Thickens
- Lords of the Fallen Dev Says It's Harder to Have 1080p Resolution on Xbox One than PS4
- Fans Could Bring About SNES Remix and GBA Remix
- REVIEW: The Elder Scrolls Online
- GRID: Autosport Official
- Mornin '14
- New Peggle 2 DLC Available Today
- Looks Like Suikoden II Will Go to the PS3
- GameStop Lists PS4 and Xbox One Versions of The Walking Dead
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Release Date & Gameplay Trailer
- GRID: Autosport Surfaces Along With Screens
Sega and the makers of the Total War strategy series, Creative Assembly, have announced a multi-title licensing agreement deal with Games Workshop to produce games set in the fantasy-themed Warhammer universe.
"With this year being our 25th anniversary," said Tim Heaton, Studio Director at Creative Assembly, "it seems fitting for us to embark on such a dream project with such a well-established partner. The incredibly rich and detailed Warhammer world is something we grew up with, and has left an indelible imprint on us as both designers and gamers."
"We'll be doing the Warhammer universe justice in a way that has never been attempted before. We're bringing those 25 years of experience and expertise in extremely high-scoring games to bear, delivering a Warhammer experience that videogamers will absolutely love."
"We have enormous respect for SEGA and Creative Assembly and have felt for a long time that the combination of the enormously rich setting of the Warhammer world, and their stunning development talent is a match with huge potential," said Jon Gillard, Games Workshop's Head of Licensing. "Now that we've managed to bring these two giants of gaming together it is safe to say that some truly amazing products are going to be unleashed as a result. We are excited at the possibilities, and are enthusiastically working with the team at Creative Assembly already."
According to the press release, they've brought together a new development team at Creative Assembly's UK-based studio, accompanying the crew that's already working on Total War and the Alien IP.
The first Warhammer game from Creative Assembly is slated to hit stores during 2013.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP