- The Witcher 3 PC Gets New Patch
- Square Enix Announces Active Time Reports for Final Fantasy XV
- Until Dawn Launch Date Trailer
- The Elder Scrolls Online Releases June 9th for the New Generation of Consoles
- Mad Max Savage Road Trailer
- Another Team of Former BioShock Devs Go to Kickstarter for Horror Game
- Adventures of Pip Releases June 4th for PC
- Project CARS May Be a Big Never for the Wii U
- Resident Evil Zero Remastered Coming
- The Witcher 3 Tops UK Sales, But Farms Are Cool Too
- Mornin '15
- Hatred Closes Preorders
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III Out Now
- Star Wars Battlefront Not A Sequel, But A Reboot
- The Witcher 3 Most Wanted on Steam
- F1 2015 Screens
Twitch has been angering users right and left this week. First they decide to no longer hold archived streams indefinitely, and now they're muting music in archived streems. They're taking a YouTube-like approach, in that they are trying to stop the unlawful use of copyrighted music in their site's streams. Their algorithm is a bit wonky, and several streams have had incorrect mutings, such as some of Twitch's own content (which is hilarious).
In an AMA on Reddit, Twitch CEO Emmet Shear explained that some what they've been muted has been a mistake and they are looking into the problem. They wan to mute any music played in the background or non-in-game music (what they're calling "ambient music").
"We have absolutely no intention of flagging songs due to original in-game music," he wrote in the AMA. "If that's happening (and it appears it is), it's a problem and we will investigate and try to fix it."
When asked why they were muting music at all, he explained, "Because we care about you and your viewers, and we want every broadcaster on Twitch to be protected from potential liability. No matter how remote you might feel the issue is, we aren't willing to run the risk someone's life gets ruined over this."
They may be covering their users butts, but they're definitely covering their own why they're at it.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP