- Activision Announces Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition
- Doom 4 Reveal Aims to Stop Negative id Chatter
- Destiny Beta Offline Until July 23rd
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty Launch Trailer
- New Photo Mode for The Last of Us Remastered is a Day One Patch
- Dark Souls 2 Gets Colossal Patch
- Naughty Dog Says Not Creating a The Last of Us Sequel Would be a 'Disservice'
- Maxis Job Ad Mentions New Project
- Watch Dogs Best-Seller in UK... Once More
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: Divine Kardashian: Original Sin
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
- The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series - Season 2
The Walking Dead Season Two Episode 4 Trailer, Amid the Ruins
- Hyrule Warriors
Hyrule Warriors Zelda Wind Waker Trailer
- The Long Dark
- Rainbow Six Siege
Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Siege E3 Trailer
Xavier Poix, head of Ubisoft France Studios, told GamesIndustry.biz that he's expecting improved Wii U console sales later this year after major first- and third-party games launch. Most interestingly, he strongly believes that Rayman Legends will be one of those system sellers.
"We don't have any [Wii U] disappointments compared to the installed base. We are just hoping that Nintendo's results for Wii U will be a bit bigger," he said.
"Selling a new way of playing can take some time, and we know the power of the brands from Nintendo and we know from the fans that the majority of what will be the system sellers are not yet available. And on our side, Rayman will be one of them for sure. We really expect Rayman to be a huge system seller on the console."
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this one. Rayman Legends was originally a Wii U exclusive, but in January, Ubisoft announced they were delaying the game's release so they can make it multi-platform. If it's going to be multi-platform and therefore available on systems many already have, why would they buy a Wii U for it? The Wii U needs hot exclusives to sell systems, and I'm having an extremely hard time believing that a multi-platform game could be a system seller.
Agree? Disagree? Share your thoughts in the comments!
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP