- REVIEW: Metro: Redux
- LEGO Batman 3 Release Date
- Amazon Promises Nothing Will Change with Twitch
- PlayStation Network Down Again
- Pokken Tournament Announcement
- Age of Empires: Castle Siege Unveiled
- Sons of Anarchy Game will be Tablet Only
- Diablo 3 Takes UK Charts Again
- Diablo 3 2.1.0 Patch This Friday
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Unity Under the Hood Trailer
- Microsoft Also Suffering Connectivity Issues
- Amazon Buying Twitch for Over $1 Billion
- Borderlands 2 GotY Best-Selling Game on Steam... Yet Again
- Sony Postpones PSN Maintenance Due to DDOS Attack over Weekend
- Titan Souls in Q1 2015, New Media Arrives
- Super Smash Bros. Roster Leak
- REVIEW: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition
- Sega Announces Yakuza Zero
Xavier Poix, head of Ubisoft France Studios, told GamesIndustry.biz that he's expecting improved Wii U console sales later this year after major first- and third-party games launch. Most interestingly, he strongly believes that Rayman Legends will be one of those system sellers.
"We don't have any [Wii U] disappointments compared to the installed base. We are just hoping that Nintendo's results for Wii U will be a bit bigger," he said.
"Selling a new way of playing can take some time, and we know the power of the brands from Nintendo and we know from the fans that the majority of what will be the system sellers are not yet available. And on our side, Rayman will be one of them for sure. We really expect Rayman to be a huge system seller on the console."
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this one. Rayman Legends was originally a Wii U exclusive, but in January, Ubisoft announced they were delaying the game's release so they can make it multi-platform. If it's going to be multi-platform and therefore available on systems many already have, why would they buy a Wii U for it? The Wii U needs hot exclusives to sell systems, and I'm having an extremely hard time believing that a multi-platform game could be a system seller.
Agree? Disagree? Share your thoughts in the comments!
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP