- Double Dragon Trilogy Now Available on Mobile
- Final Fantasy VIII Now on Steam
- New Final Fantasy X and X/2 HD Remaster Videos
- Dark Souls 2 - Red, Yellow & Blue
- Battlefield 4 Patch for One-Hit Kill Bug on PS4 Released
- The Elder Scrolls Online Character Progression Trailer
- Cast for World of Warcraft Movie Confirmed
- Reggie Fils-Aime Says Petitioning Doesn't Really Affect Nintendo
- Mornin '13
- No More Battlefield 4 Expansions Until the Game is Fixed
- First Batch of Devs for ID@Xbox Announced
- What FFVI Will Look Like on Mobile
- flOw Now Available for PlayStation 4 and Vita in Europe
- New Pokemon X & Y 2DS Bundles for Holiday Season
- Assassin's Creed 4: Freedom Cry Trailer
- Gran Turismo 6 Screens - Abarth, Alfa, BMW & More
Ubisoft announced just this morning that they will be delaying Watch Dogs to early 2014, which created initial responses of disappointment that quickly turned to questions about what Sony and Ubisoft are going to do about the Watch Dogs/PlayStation 4 bundle that several retailers have been promoting.
Kotaku went to Ubisoft directly and asked them what was going to happen with these preorders. Ubisoft responded in the most vague manner possible.
"Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo understand the importance of releasing games of the very highest quality for their consoles. Our partnership with Sony remains strong and we will have more details to share about the specific benefits of this partnership for PlayStation customers at a later date."
Um, what? I wrote back: "This is a little disconcerting. Tons of our readers pre-ordered the next-gen Watch Dogs bundles - you guys really don't have an answer for what will happen to their pre-orders? Should they just cancel?
Ubisoft's second response:
"We hope that players who have pre-ordered the game will still look forward to playing it in Spring 2014, and that the extra polish and quality we’ll be able to add to the game will ensure a fantastic gaming experience."
DualShockers reached out to Amazon.com customer support and asked what they were going to do about these preorders. Long story short, Amazon has no clue.
At the very least, people know about a month ahead of time that this bundle no longer exists, so hopefully it will be a relatively painless process to switch to a different bundle. As for me, I'm very thankful this was not the bundle I preordered.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP