- FEATURE: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel OST Review
- Halo: Nightfall Trailer
- RUMOR: GTA San Andreas Going to Xbox 360
- Gamelock Introduces Guaranteed Resell Prices for Games
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare A New Era of MP Trailer
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Arrives Next Week
- Judge Rules That EA's Confidence in BF4 Launch is Not Securities Fraud
- Mornin '14
- Developer Who Threatened Gabe Newell Resigns
- Sunset Overdrive Awesomepocalypse Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Followers Trailer
- Shadow of Mordor Free DLC Lets You Play as the Enemy
- Ubisoft Details Far Cry 4 Season Pass
- Research Finds Portal 2 Better for Brain than 'Brain Training'
- REVIEW: Alien: Isolation
- Hatred is About Hating the Hate Caused By Other Haters to Hate the Hate
I'm sure I could ask anywhere here on this site about what they think of how Ubisoft treats PC gamers, and I doubt I'd get super happy and pleased responses. The company has vowed at Gamescom to do more for PC gamers, and they insist that PC gaming is becoming more important in their business.
“We recognize the importance and needs of PC gamers, and want to continue to improve how we create and support games for PC,” Ubisoft European head Alain Corre told MCV. “As a percentage of our business, PC grew last year, from 11 per cent in 2012/13 to 15 per cent in 2013/14, which is an indication of the progress we’re making.
“We listen to feedback from players and continue to adapt accordingly; for instance, we switched to a simple, one- time activation for our PC games – a standard practice in the industry. We’re also doing our best to bring our games to PC at the same time as the console versions. Assassin’s Creed Unity and Far Cry 4, for example, will be released simultaneously on console and PC, and this will continue to be the goal for all our major titles.
“Finally, we are committed to improving the optimisation of our games for each platform on which they’re released – including PC.”
Too little too late? Or will you as a PC gamer welcome Ubisoft back with open arms?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP