- Hatred Now Available for Preorder
- Capcom Confident that Next Resident Evil Will Blow Minds
- Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Starts Next Week
- Sid Meier's Starships PAX South Panel
- Nintendo Introduces Creators Program for YouTubers
- Evolve Solo Gameplay Experience Trailer
- Jurassic World and Avengers LEGO Games This Year
- The Witcher 3 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One
- Mornin '15
- PlayStation Partners with Spotify
- The Devil's Men Screenshots
- PlayStation Vita About to Lose a Few Apps
- Mortal Kombat X Reptile Reveal Trailer
- Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo - An Apartment in Paris
- Ken Levine's Next PC Sci-Fi Game
- PAX South Preview Roundup
Just a couple of weeks ago, Ubisoft said that they haven't perfected their Splinter Cell formula, and now they're saying that they still don't have a real ending too their overall Assassin's Creed storyline.
Last year, the game director for Black Flag, Ashraf Ismail, said that the overall storyline for Assassin's Creed as a whole has been planned, and that the development team has "an idea of where the end is." However, in an interview with Edge Online, the lead writer for Black Flag says that's not necessarily the case.
"There's been a bit of confusion in that [Ismail] once said that Assassin's Creed has an ending — that's not exactly true," Darby McDevitt said. "This storyline has an ending, but because all of history is open to us we see the universe as a Doctor Who type thing. There are so many possibilities we don't want to definitively end the universe, but we can have storylines that have endings.
"The end of the Desmond trilogy changed slightly but it was always intended to end that way," he continued. "And then about two years ago we planned for another story... [But] we've moved on from specifically defining when a story will end."
He went on to say that Black Flag guided the franchise away from Desmond and into a new storyline.
I suppose none of this is that surprising since Ubisoft has said they want to continue to annualize the Assassin's Creed series. You can't really have a final ending planned just yet if there's going to be a new game every year for awhile.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP