- Interactive Dying Light Trailer
- Assassin's Creed Unity Patch is a Whopping 40GB on Xbox One
- Dragon Age Inquisition Free And Not Free DLC
- EA Confirms Anita Sarkeesian Not Working on Mirror's Edge 2
- Shadow of Mordor Story DLC Now Out
- Life is Strange Trailer
- Gabe Newell Brings Back Hatred, Apologizes
- Mornin '14
- Transformer Universe Closing Down
- Shadow of Mordor and PayDay 2 DLC Out Today
- Grand Theft Auto V Heists Trailer
- New Patch for Halo: The Master Chief Collection Out Now
- Steam Kicks Out 'Hatred' Dev Claims Fans Still Show Support
- Assassin's Creed Unity Patch Delayed
- Assassin's Creed Could Go East to China or Japan
Just a couple of weeks ago, Ubisoft said that they haven't perfected their Splinter Cell formula, and now they're saying that they still don't have a real ending too their overall Assassin's Creed storyline.
Last year, the game director for Black Flag, Ashraf Ismail, said that the overall storyline for Assassin's Creed as a whole has been planned, and that the development team has "an idea of where the end is." However, in an interview with Edge Online, the lead writer for Black Flag says that's not necessarily the case.
"There's been a bit of confusion in that [Ismail] once said that Assassin's Creed has an ending — that's not exactly true," Darby McDevitt said. "This storyline has an ending, but because all of history is open to us we see the universe as a Doctor Who type thing. There are so many possibilities we don't want to definitively end the universe, but we can have storylines that have endings.
"The end of the Desmond trilogy changed slightly but it was always intended to end that way," he continued. "And then about two years ago we planned for another story... [But] we've moved on from specifically defining when a story will end."
He went on to say that Black Flag guided the franchise away from Desmond and into a new storyline.
I suppose none of this is that surprising since Ubisoft has said they want to continue to annualize the Assassin's Creed series. You can't really have a final ending planned just yet if there's going to be a new game every year for awhile.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP