- REVIEW: Depression Quest
- Assassin's Creed Rogue Screens
- Battlefield Hardline Into The Jungle Trailer
- Destiny Planet View Trailer
- New Assassin's Creed Unity Screenshots
- Beyond: Two Souls Director's Cut for PS4 Spotted
- PlayStation 1.76 Firmware Update Out Today
- Resident Evil HD Gameplay Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Bloodborne Gets Release Date in Japan
- Borderlands: Pre-Sequel Season Pass Announced
- Alone in the Dark: Illumination Trailer
- Metro Redux Tops UK Charts
- Persona 5 Confirmed for PlayStation 4
- Capcom Announces Resident Evil Revelations 2
Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft CEO, has commented on their latest project, Watch Dogs. He explained that the new PlayStation 4 architecture gives them the opportunity to create games with the PC as a lead platform, and how that's going to make things a helluva a lot easier to port to PlayStation 4 (as opposed to the PlayStation 3).
Check out how the 360 being lead platform created issues for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and, in contrast, how Watch Dogs is going to benefit from being developed on the PC (thanks, Blue):
We have, in my opinion, but a game that had really had problems with a port and that's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. The PC project could be better managed. But with the other brands there is a lot of time and effort in which all platforms have the perfect game.
We also expect fewer problems with porting games to the PS4 than the PS3, which had a completely different infrastructure. It is now easier. Previously, we developed first games on the Xbox 360 and which were then translated into the PS3. It took a lot of time and money to make that port. Now we develop from the PC and which versions are translated into a console like the PlayStation 4.
Ubisoft exec for EMEA territories, Alain Coore, said that they've invested a lot into tackling the "open-style GTA genre."
"Yes, Grand Theft Auto is one of the biggest brands in the industry and everybody respects the brand and we'll have fun playing the next one too," said Coore. "But I think Watch Dogs' positioning is also on next-gen, bringing a lot of features - connectivity, interactivity, companion gaming and so on which is bringing some freshness to the genre."
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Video games should be: