- The Following Expansion Announced for Dying Light
- LEGO Dimensions Story Trailer
- Razer Agrees to Honor Ouya's Free the Games Program
- No Man's Sky Could Get Oculus Rift and Morpheus Support
- OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood Coming to PC
- Diablo III Kanai’s Cube is Coming
- Mornin '15
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Heading to PC
- Indie Devs Lose Most in Ouya Buyout
- Square Enix Says Rise of the Tomb Raider Exclusivity Wasn't Easy
- Bethesda Literally Cannot Make More Pip Boy CEs
- Street Fighter V Beta Still Doesn't Work
- FEATURE: Transformers Devastation
- Mafia 3 Officially Confirmed
Epic Games announced today via Twitch that Unreal Tournament is coming back and will be completely free. It will be developed for Linux, Mac, and Windows, moddable, and developed collaboratively with fans.
And that is free, not free to play.
"Free means free — no microtransactions," Epic Games confirmed. "Just free." For good measure, they tweeted it once more.
As for developing collaboratively, players and development students can start their input today in Epic's forums.
"Our first development goal is to get a basic version of Unreal Tournament deathmatch up and running to provide a basis for iteration and further development," Project lead Steve Polge said. "If you’re a member of the UE4 community, you can participate or just follow our progress on the live GitHub fork. You can also get started extending or modding the code as it becomes functional."
"Players will be able to make their voice heard, and participate meaningfully in setting the direction of development," he continued. "We will release playable alpha versions and use those to get hands-on feedback from players as well."
Anyone here excited about the return of Unreal Tournament?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP