- Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer
- Battlefield Announcement and Developer Q&A
- REVIEW: Battleborn
- The Legend of Zelda Enters the World Video Game Hall of Fame for 2016
- RUMOR: Another Battlefield Art Leak Surfaces
- Activision Would Worry about Call of Duty if They 'Stop Trying New Things'
- Voting Poll: Team Cap or Team Iron Man or...
- XCOM 2: Alien Huntters DLC Looks Like This
- Battlefield Announcement and Interview Later Today
- Mornin '16
- Nintendo's E3 2016 Press Conference Will be a One-Game Show
- E3 2016 PC Gaming Show Will Take EA's Usual Spot
- RUMOR: Next Battlefield Will be Battlefield 1944
- DOOM Launch Trailer and PC Requirements
- Call of Duty: Infinite Fanfare, People Downvoting Trailer
- Total War: Warhammer Will Launch With Full Mod Support
- Total War: Warhammer Developer Interview
- REVIEW: Kathy Rain
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor Trailer Released
- Watch Insanely Tough Dark Souls 3 Boss Go Down After One Hit
Epic Games announced today via Twitch that Unreal Tournament is coming back and will be completely free. It will be developed for Linux, Mac, and Windows, moddable, and developed collaboratively with fans.
And that is free, not free to play.
"Free means free — no microtransactions," Epic Games confirmed. "Just free." For good measure, they tweeted it once more.
As for developing collaboratively, players and development students can start their input today in Epic's forums.
"Our first development goal is to get a basic version of Unreal Tournament deathmatch up and running to provide a basis for iteration and further development," Project lead Steve Polge said. "If you’re a member of the UE4 community, you can participate or just follow our progress on the live GitHub fork. You can also get started extending or modding the code as it becomes functional."
"Players will be able to make their voice heard, and participate meaningfully in setting the direction of development," he continued. "We will release playable alpha versions and use those to get hands-on feedback from players as well."
Anyone here excited about the return of Unreal Tournament?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP