- REVIEW: Skylanders Trap Team
- Ubisoft Wants 'Endless Gameplay' for The Division
- The Witcher 3 Opening Cinematic
- Assassin's Creed Unity Now Available to Pre-Download on Xbox One
- Possible Halo 5 Release Date Leaked
- 'M' Rating on Dragon Age Because of Implied Fellatio
- Assassin's Creed Unity System Requirements
- Mornin '14
- CoD: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs Unveiled
- Assassin's Creed Unity Open World Trailer
- 3D Realms is Back with 3D Realms Anthology
- Free Version of Xbox Music Getting Cut
- Xbox One Snapshot Feature in 2015
- Movie Time - Avengers: Age of Ultron Debut Trailer
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Intro Teaser
- Titanfall Update to Add...Co-op
Epic Games announced today via Twitch that Unreal Tournament is coming back and will be completely free. It will be developed for Linux, Mac, and Windows, moddable, and developed collaboratively with fans.
And that is free, not free to play.
"Free means free — no microtransactions," Epic Games confirmed. "Just free." For good measure, they tweeted it once more.
As for developing collaboratively, players and development students can start their input today in Epic's forums.
"Our first development goal is to get a basic version of Unreal Tournament deathmatch up and running to provide a basis for iteration and further development," Project lead Steve Polge said. "If you’re a member of the UE4 community, you can participate or just follow our progress on the live GitHub fork. You can also get started extending or modding the code as it becomes functional."
"Players will be able to make their voice heard, and participate meaningfully in setting the direction of development," he continued. "We will release playable alpha versions and use those to get hands-on feedback from players as well."
Anyone here excited about the return of Unreal Tournament?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP