- FEATURE: Fantasia: Music Evolved OST Review
- Playable The Evil Within PC Demo
- Denis Dyack Creates Third Studio for Shadow of the Eternals
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Ships
- P.T. Free on PlayStation Store
- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
Epic Games announced today via Twitch that Unreal Tournament is coming back and will be completely free. It will be developed for Linux, Mac, and Windows, moddable, and developed collaboratively with fans.
And that is free, not free to play.
"Free means free — no microtransactions," Epic Games confirmed. "Just free." For good measure, they tweeted it once more.
As for developing collaboratively, players and development students can start their input today in Epic's forums.
"Our first development goal is to get a basic version of Unreal Tournament deathmatch up and running to provide a basis for iteration and further development," Project lead Steve Polge said. "If you’re a member of the UE4 community, you can participate or just follow our progress on the live GitHub fork. You can also get started extending or modding the code as it becomes functional."
"Players will be able to make their voice heard, and participate meaningfully in setting the direction of development," he continued. "We will release playable alpha versions and use those to get hands-on feedback from players as well."
Anyone here excited about the return of Unreal Tournament?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP