- Lords of the Fallen Gets 'Day One' Edition
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Will Release Sooner than Planned
- BioWare Teases Shadow Realms Announcement for Gamescom
- KotOR 3 Reports Resurface
- Unreal Engine 4 Progress Shown
- Mornin '14
- Destiny Beta is For All Starting Today
- Halo: Nightfall Debut Trailer
- New BioShock Announcement Imminent?
- Alien: Isolation Original Movie Cast Trailer
- Titanfall Update to Add In-Game Currency and Black Market
- Uncharted Movie Expected in 2016
- Developer Says The Order: 1886 Only Possible on PS4
- Lords of the Fallen Comic Con 2014 Trailer
- Shadow Realms
You\'ve Been Chosen - Nightmare Trailer
- Lords of the Fallen
Comic Con 2014 Trailer
- Alien: Isolation
Alien: Isolation Original Movie Cast Trailer
- Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin\'s Creed Unity Experience Trailer 1 New Engine, New Gameplay
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
- The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series - Season 2
The Walking Dead Season Two Episode 4 Trailer, Amid the Ruins
Epic Games announced today via Twitch that Unreal Tournament is coming back and will be completely free. It will be developed for Linux, Mac, and Windows, moddable, and developed collaboratively with fans.
And that is free, not free to play.
"Free means free — no microtransactions," Epic Games confirmed. "Just free." For good measure, they tweeted it once more.
As for developing collaboratively, players and development students can start their input today in Epic's forums.
"Our first development goal is to get a basic version of Unreal Tournament deathmatch up and running to provide a basis for iteration and further development," Project lead Steve Polge said. "If you’re a member of the UE4 community, you can participate or just follow our progress on the live GitHub fork. You can also get started extending or modding the code as it becomes functional."
"Players will be able to make their voice heard, and participate meaningfully in setting the direction of development," he continued. "We will release playable alpha versions and use those to get hands-on feedback from players as well."
Anyone here excited about the return of Unreal Tournament?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP