- New BioWare Teaser Emerges
- Rayman Creator Forms New Studio
- PlayStation Sales Improve Sony's Financial Results
- Gearbox Ask Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit to be Dropped
- Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 Pre-order via Steam
- F1 2014 Announced, Trailer & Screens Released
- Shadow of Mordor The Wraith Trailer
- Square Enix Reveals Gamescom Line-up, No Deus Ex
- Mornin '14
- The Sims 4 New Emotions Trailer
- Destiny Beta Played by 4.6 Million Players
- Homefront Saved, Bought by Deep Silver
- Elite Dangerous Beta Now Cheaper
- Neverwinter Announced for Xbox One
- Pillars of Eternity Gameplay & Dev. Commentary
- Ninja Theory to Announce New IP
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Shows Combat in Detail
- Call of Duty: Kevin Spacey
Phil Spencer has confirmed this rumor, and he provided the following details:
This includes great gaming apps like Machinima, Twitch and Upload, popular video services like Netflix, Univision Deportes, GoPro, Red Bull TV and HBO GO, sports experiences like the NFL app for Xbox One, MLB.TV, NBA Game Time, NHL Game Center and more. Microsoft experiences including Internet Explorer, Skype, OneDrive and OneGuide will also be available to all Xbox customers.
You can read the full list, which includes Twitch, on Spencer's announcement at the bottom.
According to a report from Ars Technica, Microsoft may remove the Gold subscription requirement to access online streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu.
"Multiple sources within Microsoft have been briefed on plans to make a long-awaited change to the Xbox Live Gold paywall for streaming media services," Ars Technica explained. "According to our sources, Xbox 360 and Xbox One users will soon no longer need a paid subscription to Xbox Live Gold to access Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming media apps."
But of course, there's a catch.
"Additionally, we've been told that Xbox Live Gold may put other services behind the paywall to make up for this shift," they added.
Releasing Netflix and Hulu from the Gold requirement would make many, many Xbox owners happy, but what would they replace them with? Silver members don't have the ability to do much already. Would they remove the ability to play couch co-op? Or remove Achievements? Surely they wouldn't go that far.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP