- REVIEW: LEGO Jurassic World
- Batman: Arkham Knight Glides to the Top of the Nordic Charts
- Nintendo Play Station Prototype Found
- Fallout Shelter will Hit Android Next Month
- Batgirl DLC for Batman: Arkham Knight Will Release July 14th
- REVIEW: Batman Arkham Knight
- Mornin '15
- Nintendo Responds to E3 Criticizing Feedback
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies to be Revealed at SDCC
- Preorder Fallout 4 on the Xbox Store, Get Fallout 3 Free
- Senator Leland Yee Pleads Guilty to Racketeering and Gun Running
- Steam Hardware Preorders Already Sold Out
- Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Leaked
Phil Spencer has confirmed this rumor, and he provided the following details:
This includes great gaming apps like Machinima, Twitch and Upload, popular video services like Netflix, Univision Deportes, GoPro, Red Bull TV and HBO GO, sports experiences like the NFL app for Xbox One, MLB.TV, NBA Game Time, NHL Game Center and more. Microsoft experiences including Internet Explorer, Skype, OneDrive and OneGuide will also be available to all Xbox customers.
You can read the full list, which includes Twitch, on Spencer's announcement at the bottom.
According to a report from Ars Technica, Microsoft may remove the Gold subscription requirement to access online streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu.
"Multiple sources within Microsoft have been briefed on plans to make a long-awaited change to the Xbox Live Gold paywall for streaming media services," Ars Technica explained. "According to our sources, Xbox 360 and Xbox One users will soon no longer need a paid subscription to Xbox Live Gold to access Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming media apps."
But of course, there's a catch.
"Additionally, we've been told that Xbox Live Gold may put other services behind the paywall to make up for this shift," they added.
Releasing Netflix and Hulu from the Gold requirement would make many, many Xbox owners happy, but what would they replace them with? Silver members don't have the ability to do much already. Would they remove the ability to play couch co-op? Or remove Achievements? Surely they wouldn't go that far.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP