- The Witcher 3 PC Gets New Patch
- Square Enix Announces Active Time Reports for Final Fantasy XV
- Until Dawn Launch Date Trailer
- The Elder Scrolls Online Releases June 9th for the New Generation of Consoles
- Mad Max Savage Road Trailer
- Another Team of Former BioShock Devs Go to Kickstarter for Horror Game
- Adventures of Pip Releases June 4th for PC
- Project CARS May Be a Big Never for the Wii U
- Resident Evil Zero Remastered Coming
- The Witcher 3 Tops UK Sales, But Farms Are Cool Too
- Mornin '15
- Hatred Closes Preorders
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III Out Now
- Star Wars Battlefront Not A Sequel, But A Reboot
- The Witcher 3 Most Wanted on Steam
- F1 2015 Screens
Phil Spencer has confirmed this rumor, and he provided the following details:
This includes great gaming apps like Machinima, Twitch and Upload, popular video services like Netflix, Univision Deportes, GoPro, Red Bull TV and HBO GO, sports experiences like the NFL app for Xbox One, MLB.TV, NBA Game Time, NHL Game Center and more. Microsoft experiences including Internet Explorer, Skype, OneDrive and OneGuide will also be available to all Xbox customers.
You can read the full list, which includes Twitch, on Spencer's announcement at the bottom.
According to a report from Ars Technica, Microsoft may remove the Gold subscription requirement to access online streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu.
"Multiple sources within Microsoft have been briefed on plans to make a long-awaited change to the Xbox Live Gold paywall for streaming media services," Ars Technica explained. "According to our sources, Xbox 360 and Xbox One users will soon no longer need a paid subscription to Xbox Live Gold to access Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming media apps."
But of course, there's a catch.
"Additionally, we've been told that Xbox Live Gold may put other services behind the paywall to make up for this shift," they added.
Releasing Netflix and Hulu from the Gold requirement would make many, many Xbox owners happy, but what would they replace them with? Silver members don't have the ability to do much already. Would they remove the ability to play couch co-op? Or remove Achievements? Surely they wouldn't go that far.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP