- Mornin '15
- Xenoblade Chronicles X Set for 2015 Release
- Paid Mod Already Pulled from Steam Workshop
- FEATURE: A Mortal Kombat History Lesson From the Game Gear Days
- First Battlefield Hardline Patch is Mostly for PC
- Telltale Working on Marvel Game
- Resident Evil HD Sells 1 Million
- Peter Molyneux Speaks at Dubrovnik Reboot Festival
SimCity has just been released on PCs and the very first wave of reviews is already in. Apparently, critics are praising the resurrected city-building franchise, expressing that the game is definitely a step up since the last outing - SimCity Societies.
However, following a rather bad example, EA decided to integrate an always-on DRM scheme, which seems to be causing a tremendous amount of problems for players who have already dived into the game. The complaints range from the game being choppy to players being disconnected from the server and not being able to reconnect and play a single-player game. It all amounts to a rather lousy launch day for the long-awaited PC game.
We've seen similar issues on several occasions before. Putting aside Ubisoft's notorious DRM schemes (until even they realized it was crap), we cannot help but recollect other disastrous gaming experiences such as the launch day of Blizzard's Diablo 3.
Just in case you want to know how the game is played, here's a recent tutorial video:
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP