- REVIEW: Batman Arkham Knight
- Mornin '15
- Nintendo Responds to E3 Criticizing Feedback
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies to be Revealed at SDCC
- Preorder Fallout 4 on the Xbox Store, Get Fallout 3 Free
- Senator Leland Yee Pleads Guilty to Racketeering and Gun Running
- Steam Hardware Preorders Already Sold Out
- Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Leaked
SimCity has just been released on PCs and the very first wave of reviews is already in. Apparently, critics are praising the resurrected city-building franchise, expressing that the game is definitely a step up since the last outing - SimCity Societies.
However, following a rather bad example, EA decided to integrate an always-on DRM scheme, which seems to be causing a tremendous amount of problems for players who have already dived into the game. The complaints range from the game being choppy to players being disconnected from the server and not being able to reconnect and play a single-player game. It all amounts to a rather lousy launch day for the long-awaited PC game.
We've seen similar issues on several occasions before. Putting aside Ubisoft's notorious DRM schemes (until even they realized it was crap), we cannot help but recollect other disastrous gaming experiences such as the launch day of Blizzard's Diablo 3.
Just in case you want to know how the game is played, here's a recent tutorial video:
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP