- Action Trippin' Ballscast #6 - Star Wars Battlefront
- 9 Million People Took Sides in the Star Wars Battlefront Beta
- Star Wars Battlefront MP Modes and Season Pass Uncovered
- Witcher 3 Expansion Delayed in North America
- Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch Giveaway
- Minecraft: Story Mode Launch Trailer
- Voting Poll: What's Your Take on the Star Wars Battlefront Beta?
- REVIEW: Transformers Devastation
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Trailer is Sexy and Zombie-Infested
- Mornin '15
- Firewatch Gets Release Date
- Halo 5: Guardians Launch Gameplay Trailer
- ARK: Survival Evolved Top Seller on Steam, Again
- Star Citizen Gets Hollywood Elite, New Gameplay Shown
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended
Now, they have reached a settlement.
Here's the full report:
Blizzard Entertainment and Valve today announced a mutual agreement regarding concerns over the names of upcoming products. In accordance with the agreement, Valve will continue to use DOTA commercially, including DOTA 2, while Blizzard will preserve noncommercial use of DOTA for its community with regard to player-created maps for Warcraft III and StarCraft II.
"Both Blizzard and Valve recognize that, at the end of the day, players just want to be able to play the games they're looking forward to, so we're happy to come to an agreement that helps both of us stay focused on that," said Rob Pardo, executive vice president of game design at Blizzard Entertainment. "As part of this agreement, we're going to be changing the name of Blizzard DOTA to Blizzard All-Stars, which ultimately better reflects the design of our game. We look forward to going into more detail on that at a later date."
"We're pleased that we could come to an agreement with Blizzard without drawing things out in a way that would benefit no one," said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. "We both want to focus on the things our fans care about, creating and shipping great games for our communities."
The companies do not plan to discuss the terms of the agreement beyond today's announcement.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP