- Titanfall Update to Add In-Game Currency and Black Market
- Uncharted Movie Expected in 2016
- Developer Says The Order: 1886 Only Possible on PS4
- Lords of the Fallen Comic Con 2014 Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Boss Key Productions Hires Former Staff of Neversoft, Irrational
- Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free Today on Origin
- Going to Comic Con? You Might Get to Play Super Smash Bros.
- FEATURE: Burden of BioWare - Pandering to the Masses
- Sony Announces PlayStation PLAY Summer Program
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Release Date Revealed
- Lords of the Fallen
Comic Con 2014 Trailer
- Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin\'s Creed Unity Experience Trailer 1 New Engine, New Gameplay
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
- The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series - Season 2
The Walking Dead Season Two Episode 4 Trailer, Amid the Ruins
- Hyrule Warriors
Hyrule Warriors Zelda Wind Waker Trailer
- The Long Dark
If you've dismissed the list of 14 hardware partners who have presented their Steam Machines at CES in hopes for Valve's first-party hardware, prepare to be disappointed. Gabe Newell announced at CES that Valve would not release their own Steam Machine. If you want this PC streaming device, you'll have to peruse that list.
"We're going to continue to make that decision as we go along. We've been happy with the results of doing hardware development with clients. We have plans to build more machines, but we also expect that users will be really happy with the range of offerings from these hardware manufacturers," Newell explained. "I mean, we’ve made 300 [machines], which is a very tiny step. We’ll make what we need to. We really view our role in this as enabling. So we’ll do whatever is going to be helpful to other hardware manufacturers – whether that’s with controller design or building specific kinds of boxes."
Considering Valve's strength has always been software, this isn't too surprising. It's always possible that they'll make their own device later down the road, but for now, their focus is getting the service up and running smoothly.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP