- Assassin's Creed Chronicles Announced
- The Witcher 3 Gets You 200+ Hours of Gameplay
- PlayStation Plus for April 2015 Includes Dishonored
- Dying Light Emergency Broadcast
- REVIEW: Life is Strange Episode 2 - Out of Time
- The Sims 4: Get to Work Out Now
- Nintendo Direct Presentation on April 1st
- The Voting Poll You've Been Waiting for, The Serious One
- Mornin '15
- Battlefield Hardline UK Wins Over Folk in UK
- Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay Trailer
- Dragon Age Inquisition DLC Goes to Other Platforms in May
- Project Cars Will Have Free Car DLC Every Month
- Mortal Kombat X Producer Leaves Twitter Due to Threats Against His Family
- Pillars of Eternity All Over Steam
- Halo 5 Release Date Announced
Valve, the well-known game developer and creator of the digital service Steam, may be looking to go into the hardware manufacturing business, according to an interesting job listing on Valve's site. The company's disappointment with the current state of PC hardware could've easily triggered their interest in that particular field, as they are evidently on the lookout for an 'Industrial Designer' .
The post says: "Valve is traditionally a software company. Open platforms like the PC and Mac are important to us, as they enable us and our partners to have a robust and direct relationship with customers."
It also reads: "We're frustrated by the lack of innovation in the computer hardware space though, so we're jumping in. Even basic input, the keyboard and mouse, haven't really changed in any meaningful way over the years. There's a real void in the marketplace, and opportunities to create compelling user experiences are being overlooked."
Apparently, amongst other skills, the potential Valve employee needs to have "6+ years of professional experience shipping world-class, high-tech hardware products."
It seems pretty clear to me that Valve is looking for all sorts of ways to avoid (ever) making Half-Life 3.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Are you mad?
|Why do you think I'm here?||35.44%|
|Cut the crap and let's talk elf-alligator biscuits and Tinker Belle’s mortgage payment.||27.85%|
|Frankly, I need a hat.||22.78%|
|Hell naaw, man!||13.92%|