- Voting Poll: What's Your Take on the Star Wars Battlefront Beta?
- REVIEW: Transformers Devastation
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Trailer is Sexy and Zombie-Infested
- Mornin '15
- Firewatch Gets Release Date
- Halo 5: Guardians Launch Gameplay Trailer
- ARK: Survival Evolved Top Seller on Steam, Again
- Star Citizen Gets Hollywood Elite, New Gameplay Shown
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended
Valve, the well-known game developer and creator of the digital service Steam, may be looking to go into the hardware manufacturing business, according to an interesting job listing on Valve's site. The company's disappointment with the current state of PC hardware could've easily triggered their interest in that particular field, as they are evidently on the lookout for an 'Industrial Designer' .
The post says: "Valve is traditionally a software company. Open platforms like the PC and Mac are important to us, as they enable us and our partners to have a robust and direct relationship with customers."
It also reads: "We're frustrated by the lack of innovation in the computer hardware space though, so we're jumping in. Even basic input, the keyboard and mouse, haven't really changed in any meaningful way over the years. There's a real void in the marketplace, and opportunities to create compelling user experiences are being overlooked."
Apparently, amongst other skills, the potential Valve employee needs to have "6+ years of professional experience shipping world-class, high-tech hardware products."
It seems pretty clear to me that Valve is looking for all sorts of ways to avoid (ever) making Half-Life 3.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
The Star Wars Battlefront beta was:
|I'll wait for the full release, thanks.||75.00%|
|Pretty damn sweet. ||25.00%|