- Learn How Jensen Asked for This in DXMD 101 Trailer
- Steam Sales Plummeting in Proportion to Number of Games Releasing
- Guile Sonic Booms His Way Onto Street Fighter V Today with Update
- FEATURE: Captain America: Civil War - The Multiplayer Game We Want
- Activision Appears to Confirm Call of Duty 4 Remastered with Poop Emoji
- Xbox One Iron Man Edition Looks Sexy
- PSN Making More Cash Than the Whole of Nintendo
- Mornin '16
- PAX East 2016: Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness Hands-on
- Unboxing the April Quest Collection of Level Up by Loot Crate
- PAX East 2016: I Am Setsuna Hands-on
- 'Xbox One Two' Rumored
- Fallout 4 Mods to Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Nintendo Officially Announced Their Next Console But Won't Show It
- Uncharted 4: No End to Thieves, Copies Stolen While in Transit
- Mass Effect Andromeda Franchise's Most Ambitious So Far
Nintendo's Virtual Boy may have been a bust, but Valve really believes that virtual reality is going to be a game changer.
"Compelling consumer-priced VR hardware is coming, probably within two years," Valve's Michael Abrash said at Steam Dev Days last week, "and we think it's possible that it could transform the entire entertainment industry.""Presence is an incredibly powerful sensation, and it's unique to VR," he added. "There's no way to create it in any other medium."
However, he cautioned that within that two years, VR-headsets, such as Oculus VR's Crystal Cove goggles, have a few hurdles to surpass before they can be released into the wild.
"Haptics, 3D-audio, body tracking and input are going to be huge positives for presence, and they're bigger and harder problems than head-mounted displays," he explained. "I'm confident that that work will happen soon, now that we've demonstrated what's possible, and if that happens, it should be feasible to have these head-mounted displays on the market within a couple of years."
Steam has been one of the largest supporters for virtual reality headsets with their games. If virtual reality becomes a reality, will you be interested?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP