- Blizzard Cancels Project Titan With a Heavy Heart
- A Sims 4 Mod Adds Incest, Teen Pregnancy, and Polygamy
- Lords of the Fallen Dev Says Game Resolution Slightly Better on PS4
- GameStop Interested in Selling Used DLC
- Wasteland 2 Top-Seller on Steam
- Happy Birthday, Vince!
- So How Hard is Bloodborne?
- First Trailer for Sleeping Dogs Successor, Triad Wars
- Yoshida Says Project Morpheus is 85% Complete
- Mornin '14
- Xbox One Launch Delayed in China
- Ubisoft Details Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass
- PlayStation TV Will Launch in North America with 700 Games
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Shows Open-Ended Assassination Missions
- REVIEW: Anomaly 2
- Destiny Holds the Fort in UK
- Final Fantasy XV TGS 14 Gameplay Trailer
- Activision Files for Dismissal in Noriega Lawsuit
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition Spotted
Nintendo's Virtual Boy may have been a bust, but Valve really believes that virtual reality is going to be a game changer.
"Compelling consumer-priced VR hardware is coming, probably within two years," Valve's Michael Abrash said at Steam Dev Days last week, "and we think it's possible that it could transform the entire entertainment industry.""Presence is an incredibly powerful sensation, and it's unique to VR," he added. "There's no way to create it in any other medium."
However, he cautioned that within that two years, VR-headsets, such as Oculus VR's Crystal Cove goggles, have a few hurdles to surpass before they can be released into the wild.
"Haptics, 3D-audio, body tracking and input are going to be huge positives for presence, and they're bigger and harder problems than head-mounted displays," he explained. "I'm confident that that work will happen soon, now that we've demonstrated what's possible, and if that happens, it should be feasible to have these head-mounted displays on the market within a couple of years."
Steam has been one of the largest supporters for virtual reality headsets with their games. If virtual reality becomes a reality, will you be interested?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP