- Contrast Announced for PC & Consoles
- Quantum Break Teaser
- Need for Speed Rivals Teaser & Screens
- Mornin '13
- Resigned EA CEO Says "Gamers Will Learn to Love" Always-Online
- Final Fantasy XIV Marches to August 27th Re-Release
- Nintendo Schedules Next Direct Presentation on First Day of E3
- New Saints Row Hail to the Chief Video Series
- Grand Theft Auto 5 CE & SE Detailed
- EA Supporting Current-Gen Consoles Until 2017
Sony Pictures recently revealed that the company pulled the plug on the production of Spider-Man 4. Issuing a press release, Sony uncovered that the new film will be based on "a script by James Vanderbilt (Zodiac) and will be set during Peter Parker's high school days." Incidentally, word has it that it won't star Tobey Maguire.
Some are already speculating that canceling production of the new Spider-Man movie gives Sam Raimi time to work on other projects; namely the highly anticipated flick set in Blizzard's Warcraft universe. Last July it was announced that the Warcraft movie script will be written by Robert Rodat (Saving Private Ryan) and that the production will be supported by Legendary Pictures (300, The Dark Knight) for movie studio Warner Bros.
Blizzard Entertainment confirmed that they are helping the movie's production, with senior vice president of creative development, Chris Metzen, on board as coproducer. At present, Blizzard still hasn't offered any updates on the project.
Meanwhile, others are beginning to take interest in the prospects of a Warcraft movie. Recently, actor Mark Hildebrandt (hmm... okay, don't know the guy) took notice of the possibility of such a movie and was at some point rumored to be King Varian Wrynn on IMDB. While these rumors were never confirmed nor denied, Mark takes a chance to answer a few Wow-related questions over at IncGamers. It's worth a peek.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP